Sign in to follow this  
soldier2390

TKOH Modules?

Hello Community,

I have searched and could not find any threads that has to do with the new Modules in TKOH! There is no section for it in the BI Wiki either.

What does the Heliport module do exactly(i think i understand basicly what it is, but probly am wrong)? And can it be used in SP Missions? Or is it used only for "Career Mode"?

Also is there a Module that kind of does what the Arma2/OA Secops Module does, for example, add random missions like Search and Rescue, or Police Chases(Car Chases, and or the find the criminal on foot, as i watch everyday in RL here in Baltimore :D), Fire Fighter type Missions?

Oh and I added the Ambient Combat Module to a test mission I had just to try things out and nothing happened? Theres also a few more Modules in TKOH I never seen before, tho I dont remember them off the top of my head!

Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance!

Dave,

If you lack the patience and documentation isn't made yet, you may get an idea by de-pbo'ing the modules (unless encrypted at this point) and have a look at them yourself.

I've noticed a few things I did in A2/OA missions that no longer work in the CP, even things I would expect to work (like sound scripts).

Care to investigate and post the new modules? Don't have the beta, but I'd like to speculate :p

The interesting bits to me are the scripted helicopter waypoints. I've been trying and trying but just can't seem to be able to pass parameters to them. I understand from reading some stuff in function viewer that you are to put the parameters to the waypoint somehow. right? I just cant get them to work. Some waypoints work without the hassle, like circle, hover and land. propably others too, I just haven't tried them yet. So if anyone could elaborate on for example block waypoint, that would be great. blocking cars is really fun and intense

What does the Heliport module do exactly(i think i understand basicly what it is, but probly am wrong)? And can it be used in SP Missions? Or is it used only for "Career Mode"?

From what I've read posted by a BIS dev it's a module that hooks up your progress from career mode. So the Larkin business is persistent and can be activated with the module. So if this module is in a custom mission you can earn money, use your own set of helicopters bought during career, have your overall bank account available etc.

Maybe it adds other stuff, but I believe this is the general idea behind it.

I just noticed that if you add the initproceduralmissions module and save the mission with one of these names: PursuitBoat, Rescue, Sightseeing, Visit, VisitGolf or Slingload. You get to play some missions that change a bit every time. Pursuit and dropleaflets I couldnt get to work this way and there propably is some better way too, but thats for someone with wits to do.

In the config viewer and function viewer there's references to evidence and safehouses and noflyzones, but I cant tell what is a leftover from arma. also there is a function called E3 that says delete later. :)

Please keep in mind that this is just a hack to test some missions with randomization in a software that is still not finished. These are most likely not in their finalized form especially when started this way.

I stumbled on this accidentally when trying to figure out the waypoint scripts. So if someone gets the pursuit working, that'd be great. or make a mission where you have to chase a car and try to block it(possibly block waypoint. not sure). If you set up a car with some waypoints and trigger it from a hold or something, you can play with it by chasing it and threatening to land infront of it. The car stops for a while this way.

Oh and another EDIT: You also get your heliport where you can "inspect" a light chopper

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Just a quick update on the hack above. You can use heliport module in the same way. Add heliport module on the map. Then add an empy chopper and sync it with the module. Finally add a player character and save with the mission name for Filename. Again this most likely is not THE way to launch procedural missions, but it kinda works.

Edited by BadWeather