Sign in to follow this  
nycapken

No OPFOR in Map View

I have seen you tube videos where during a battle the map is brought up and Opfors are shown in red on the map. I only see friendlys. I am using the ARMA2 CD version updated to 1.10. Is there a way to show them also.

I have seen you tube videos where during a battle the map is brought up and Opfors are shown in red on the map. I only see friendlys. I am using the ARMA2 CD version updated to 1.10. Is there a way to show them also.
This is part of the difficulty you have choosen. In "Veteran" and "Mercenary" mode there are no markers at all. Edited by Beagle

Thanks Beagle

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I don't have those difficulty levels. I am set on novice and still do not see the enemy on the map when in battle. Only see them in the editor.

Ken

at lower difficulty there are map markers for spotted enemy units (by you or other friendly units). if no one on your side can see them, then they are not placed on the map. answer your question?

No I wasn't talking about map markers. I discovered finally that you only see enemy forces when you get fairly close to them. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Ken

No I wasn't talking about map markers. I discovered finally that you only see enemy forces when you get fairly close to them. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Ken

Thats exactly what That Guy said. It doesn't rely on distance to enemies but if you or someone in your team spotted them. Also they aren't always accurate. When track is lost, the position on the map is extrapolated according to the last known moving direction and speed.