Incl read me & demo mission (very basic demo mission!):

@Armaholic V0.6

news_donwload_oa_4.png

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15164

Armedassault.info V0.6:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...addons&id=1798

Multi-upload V0.6:

http://www.multiupload.com/KVOSQJPJC1

This is the very nice camera script lifted directly from Mondkalb "Window Of Opportunity" RTS game mode.

NOTE: 99.9 percent of this is Monkalbs, due to his open notes to modify & direct contact/permission I lifted the camera script out on its own.

Changelog

V0.6

1. Camera Map is now small minimap thats less intrusive to still view battles from camera while moving around.

NOTE: tested on 1440x900 16:10 & Interface Size "Small" (it may differ with larger and lower res).

If this is not right then let me know I can center it again.

2. Camera Map scale zoom is a little less when opened & contour info removed.

3. Map toggle key is now TAB (less reaching for the M key)

4. Reset camera view is now LEFT SHIFT key (less reaching for the backspace key)

5. Camera Icon change (cosmetic)

6. Removal of allot of unnecessary code from older Mondkalb's version thats not camera related & more tidying up, and no doubt more later.

V0.5 (Initial release/changes from Mondkalb's version)

1. Removed WASD as it was not smooth enough, map & mouse use instead for the moment.

2. Camera map view has change of icon and uses single left click to change camera (or right double)

3. On executing camera it opens in map view first which seemed more logical when playing in HC mode.

4. Map mode zoom is less and will fix on the camera map icon when returning back to map view (rather than focusing to player) - Exiting to in-game and returning back to cam map will still default back to player currently).

5. Right hand GUI from WOO has been removed so its full screen cam with no overlays/menu's. (not reflected in the video as it was recorded before changes).

To Do & Still puzzling over

More interaction from the camera and camera map of the game.

Click able move when in camera view

Neater way to exit camera (buttons).

Better zoom

Why?

After using the camera in Mondkalb Window Of Opportunity I realised it was a nice smooth basic camera that could be used for High Command

to overview the battle field, or any situation where you wanted a nice smooth RTS style camera to watch battles (I mainly play SP).

There are some nice camera scripts but I found this one to be a good instant camera with smooth movement for overviewing.

"Warfare Cam" was the name not because of warfare missions but that its a camera to watch warfare happen ;)

Use

Anything really :)

RTS style game / High Command / Warfare type game where you want to overview the battle better as a commander. Although it mainly was just for

High Command.

NOTES

Tested vanilla on 1.59 OA CO.

Not tested at all for MP, SP only really.

This is the first version from Mondkalb WOO (which was the smoothest), so it does not support WASD like his latest version.

I am no scripter, so some code may be from WOO thats just junk although all credits in code to Mondkalb reflect this (in the header).

Not sure on how much I can help on issues as I am merely lifting code, not "coding" :)

Install

1. Copy the folder "Warfare_Cam" to your mission folder.

2. Enter the following 2 lines into your "description.ext" (or create one if you mission doesn't have one):

#include "Warfare_Cam\GUI\Common.hpp"

#include "Warfare_Cam\GUI\MainInterface.hpp"

3. To execute the script you can do things in a few ways:

A: In your mission init.sqf enter:

[] execVM "Warfare_Cam\Basic_Config.sqf";
B: In your player/unit/leader/commander init line:
this = execVM "Warfare_Cam\Basic_Config.sqf";
3. For a quick solution to use camera for all and also when your inside a vehicle create a radio slot trigger with this init:
null = execVM "Warfare_Cam\MainInterface.sqf";
NOTE1: Basic_Config.sqf has be be initialised first before use of radio trigger.

NOTE2: The very simple demo missions shows the radio trigger example/init unit way, just get into vehicle and select radio for the option.

Demo mission:

Copy "WARFARE_CAM_DEMO_0.6.utes" folder to your my documents arma2 missions folder.

How To Use:

Select "Warfare Camera" from the action menu which will open into the cameras own map view.

The camera is represented by the red arrow.

Map click to move the camera/arrow anywhere on the map, then select M again to exit map view and go to camera view.

TAB = Toggle Camera Map

Left or Right mouse single click = Move camera (in map view).

Move Mouse up/left/right/down = Move the camera (in camera view).

Middle Mouse Wheel = Camera zoom.

ALT = Change camera direction and height.

Left Shift = Switch camera to its default height/view (useful when your cam gets in a funny position).

Space = Will snap camera back to player position (wherever you are on the map at that time).

N = Toggle Night Vision.

ESC = quit camera back to first person play.

CREDITS

Myself - MrCash2009 for lifting the camera & small changes.

Mondkalb and his rather nice "Window Of Opportunity" (WOO) RTS game mode, without this I would have had no chance ;)

His RTS mode/missions can be found here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120151&highlight=woo

Kremator for PM banter all about cameras and wish lists, plus dreaming of being better at code :)

Edited by mrcash2009
cosmetic changes

You sir, are a STAR !

I'm sure the guru coders out there can help you put a smooth WASDQZ camera into this HINT HINT @ guru coders :)

Edited by Kremator

Thanks,

I only had a small part to play as you know :)

I will still & have been eyeing up scripts and wiki pages for additions, but as that would take me more time I though it was probably worth upping the basic start first of all as its been sat here for a wee bit. I will use this as a pet project to slowly learn more that's for sure.

Edited by mrcash2009

Thanks for the mirror, and also thanks for the URL link to WOO in on your page, have to make that clear of the source :)

One minor addition to the changes that the video will not show (as it was an older video before changes):

5. Right hand GUI from WOO has been removed so its full screen cam with no overlays/menu's.
EDIT:

Another slight note change in First Post:

NOTE1: Basic_Config.sqf has be be initialised first before use of radio trigger.
EDIT2 ...

Progress made and cam now uses a clickable minimap, more wishlist features are looking more easier to implement and alot of un needed code has been removed to tidy things up, hopefully next update will incl cam view click and move/minimap/better use of mouse to open close map, and some other little changes to make the use of it flow better.

Edited by mrcash2009

We just need a talented scripter to look at the code and rip out the previous camera and replace it with something like COIN camera (ultrasmooth WASDQZ) Then the LMB and RMB can be assigned to different functions (like group selection or move orders)

Well I think now this will just be all about a executable camera to view battles in command, taking it to the realms of control of units etc is then getting back to the whole gamemode angle and thats way beyond me. I have tried the unit select in cam map mode using high command and it works, but when you exit the whole high command bugs out and is a complete show stopper, they both fight for control.

As regards ripping the old camera out and replacing, that would defeat the purpose of this one (for me), so I will stick with this as a basis, not that we dont agree on that.

I just want to get a nice functional camera working with all the things I would like in it for the camera mainly, using a minimap version is much less intrusive too switching to map.

Also If I can get click to move in cam view running (trying) then with that and a quick minimap (which now works) WASD becomes a little less needed (and to me even more functional all from mouse with hardly any key pressing), will try to get minimap to open close with right mouse so its nice n quick and not reaching for the M key all the time, but im currently chin stroking scripts and wiki now as I have the bug to try more things and will see how far it can go :)

Im just trying to keep the nice flow of the cam script but with a good way to zip about the place nice n quick and easy with as less key pressing as needed :)

I am spending this weekend doing some serious frowning at text and see what comes by the end.

Edited by mrcash2009

hehe cool mate. Frown away!

There must be someone out there that can PM you with skillz to help solve the problems.

As I'm back teaching at school now my time is severely limited to just weekends, but I'll also have a play with the WOO stuff (and the stuff you sent me)

Well I think its a case of DIY to be honest, no one likes spoon feeding, plus I am getting into the dialogue side of things at the moment so its helping to understand as well as nearly break my pc with frustration :)

Update will be soon as I wasn't that happy with the state of the first release, lots of un needed code still lingering that's now been done away with already.

I'm going to try to add Norrin Spectate Cam into it and see how it goes :) Head-scratching ahead !

Small update (all in first post):

DOWNLOAD:

Multi-upload V0.6:

Incl read me & demo mission (very basic demo mission!):

http://www.multiupload.com/KVOSQJPJC1

Changelog

V0.6

1. Camera Map is now small minimap thats less intrusive to still view battles from camera while moving around.

NOTE: tested on 1440x900 16:10 & Interface Size "Small" (it may differ with larger and lower res).

If this is not right then let me know I can center it again.

2. Camera Map scale zoom is a little less when opened & contour info removed.

3. Map toggle key is now TAB (less reaching for the M key)

4. Reset camera view is now LEFT SHIFT key (less reaching for the backspace key)

5. Camera Icon change (cosmetic)

6. Removal of allot of unnecessary code from older Mondkalb's version thats not camera related & more tidying up, and no doubt more later.

Now script is more tidy and minimap is in (please test becuase it differs per monitor/res setup, otherwise it will have to be center of screen which I dont like much) .. I can now drag out the books and look at more interaction from the camera, to do list is in the OFP.

Slow to get into more guts of this, but I want to add exit buttons, better interaction in the camera and so on, plenty to learn.

This small update was just to tidy things up as the last release should have been :)

EDIT: getting a few offers to help with this, so lets hope this can become something rather flexible indeed.

Edited by mrcash2009

How can I add this to warfare benny co? how is this different from gcam (which doesn't work for me as an addon in benny). Also is this ace2 compatible?

How can I add this to warfare benny co?
I dont use Benny Warfare and so I cant answer directly other then edit the mission and use the init instructions that come with demo and in the readme. How it will function should be ok but I cant speak for re spawning as that may get lost, more down to missions scripter to work that as I am not a scripter directly, as the first post and readme state I only use in SP not MP.

Its different from GCAM as it inst as functional as a camera to make films/videos its a more top down view for over viewing, check the video in the fist post what you see camera view style is shown.

ACE has no real bearing at all, but I have tested with ACE (as I use it) and without and nothing has issues, and it shouldn't anyway.

Its a simpler camera and not all bells and whistles but is nice for overview battle modes, plenty to expand on when I get the time, but as the cliché goes "it is what it is" :)