Sign in to follow this  
Jahamo

My rig! and still lagging :(

Hey all. Is this rig ok to run arma2 ? coz even on low setting with AA disabled it lags!

Vista 64

processor- I7 920 @ 2.67GHz

RAM - 6bg ddr3

graphics card- ATI 4890 1gb ram

So is this ok to run at a normal setting ?

Should be but you will still get low fps in big battles and city areas. Only SKYNET (and HAL9000) can handle A2 at full in every situation :)

Ps. try defragging (with defraggler) ur hdd and OC the cpu some to get better results.

Hey, my view distance is set too 2500 all the time as anything over 4000 and the lagg makes the game unplayable. I have anti A turned off, texture details on low, PP on low, object details on high (so trees dont look crap), and the rest standard. Also memory is very high and the res is 1200x900 or summats like that. My mates rig is lower spec than mine and runs it at a much higher res and setting just fine.

Upgrade Chipset, Sound and Graphics drivers. Install all Windows Updates, or rather move to Windows 7.

Use the latest game patches, and try the 1.60 beta; http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

The system isn't that special but should run it moderately.

what HDD are you using? A normal 3gbs sata 7200 i assume. defrag HDD and try again

I had the same rig but with a 920 a 4ghz and it still lagged, I upgraded to 4890 crossfire and it still lagged so if you can overclock you cpu to 3.6 -4ghz you will see a big improvement BUT your gfx card is holding you back a lot. Set video memory to default. I'm running 2 6990's and my frame rate drops to 30fps occasionally so the comment about HAL 9000 and Skynet is appropriate.