Sign in to follow this  
sn1per

Not even one o2 made vehicle

Another jet coming up. No cars, apcs or tanks. What's the deal? Is it harder to create ground units than it is to create planes?

I would rather have btr or other wheeled (and armed) personnel carrier than any plane.

ADATS....sweet!

OK, it wasn't around in service in 1985, but I want it anyway. I assume you will be able to target ground and air targets with it?

Yep, I thought so. Too bad, hopefully modder have enough dedication to create something anyway for us grunts wink.gif

Ond, uh, what is that missile launcher thingy? Some sort of MLRS or AA/AT missile platform? Looks great!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sn1per @ May 30 2002,10:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep, I thought so. Too bad, hopefully modder have enough dedication to create something anyway for us grunts wink.gif

Ond, uh, what is that missile launcher thingy? Some sort of MLRS or AA/AT missile platform? Looks great!<span id='postcolor'>

If I'm not wrong, the ADATS is both an AA and an AT missile platform! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ May 30 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sn1per @ May 30 2002,10:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep, I thought so. Too bad, hopefully modder have enough dedication to create something anyway for us grunts wink.gif

Ond, uh, what is that missile launcher thingy? Some sort of MLRS or AA/AT missile platform? Looks great!<span id='postcolor'>

If I'm not wrong, the ADATS is both an AA and an AT missile platform!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it is both at and aa biggrin.gif

Canada has some and they are amazing they can destroy a tank at 8000m that is so sweet

but back onto the topic yes vehicles are harder to make because there is alot more internals as well instead of just a cockpit and a some times a big open space for the troops vehicles have gunner stations, Driving station, command station and some times troop carring areas.

the M109 ADATs does not exist i think because there is only a drawning of it

much addons are ready but we need the tool of bis to make the pbos because with the tools we now have you can get bugs in addons

Well, some modellers frankly dont have a damn about the community, im sorry to say, like me. We do it for their liking, and for our entertainment. But i agree, it has been a while since anybody made a ground model sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ May 30 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the M109 ADATs does not exist i think because there is only a drawning of it

much addons are ready but we need the tool of bis to make the pbos because with the tools we now have you can get bugs in addons<span id='postcolor'>

"the tools of bis"?

Are you saying that this model is an edited p3d???

the the tool Filebank its like pbotool but then the tool of Bis

and its not edited its made from scratch

What? You don't get FileBank with Oxygen? Then how are you supposed to get everything ingame? I know you can use unofficial pbo-tools, but come on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt. Jimbo @ May 31 2002,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does BIS give away VISITOR to anyone?<span id='postcolor'>

nope

Filebank and Visitor isnt released yet

=(

I think I will cry now. I knew that they didn't release Visitor, but we need FileBank...

Hmm, I've never heard of these two, filebank and visitor. Vould someone please explain those? Filebank is quite obviously some sort of model/texture base?

I'm not a modder (even though I would love to be) but anyway it would be good to know what the hell you gurus are talking about wink.gif

I guess I could do some moddin' but I don't want to spend my whole life in front of a computer, atleast not now when it's summer in Finland tounge.gif

FileBank is BIS's own PBOTool (sort of). That's what they use to gather up all the p3d files, config.cpp:s and textures used by a model, and stuff it all into a .pbo.

Visitor is the island-editor. That's what they used to make the islands for the game.

ktotte , who said you that filebank was a pbo encrypter ? lol

it's maybe one of its etras , but it's a model and textures database first

Forgive my stupidness ;P

From what I've been told, and from what I have pieced together from all the forums, I thought FileBank was the PBO tool. Apparently, it's a model and texture database as well.

BUT, as you can see in this thread, it's used for PBO stuffing as well. And without it, we're screwed. (Pretty much)

=)

we're not screwed in anyway ..... oxygen , an unofficial pbo stuffer , some method and you got your model

Well, Vixer said that using the 3rd party tools could cause bugs in your addon... which IMO is not good =)

recieved confirmation that my written application has been recieved, so hopefully:

Showroom.jpg

Care to explain what the vehicle to the right, and the vehicle to the left is?

I can't tell what they are supposed to look like. Maybe I'm just cross-eyed at the moment, but...

One to the left will be a Fox scout car to the right, and purely for 1985 scenarios (Stopped using before 1990) is an Alvis Stalwart; a dedicated All-terrain Ammo truck.

plus, we are working on a Puma and an aircraft carrier at the G8 Mod. Just to lighten your spirits. smile.gif