Sign in to follow this  
solidsnake2384

False ping readings?

Ever since a month ago my ping readings for servers have been stupidly high. Around 300 to 600! But like I said its only been doing this a month ago. But when I join ther server bmy game runs really smooth but it still says 300 ping with crazy desync and itd be in a server thats just 2 states away from me and it should be 60ms.

Now sometimes when I join itd be really laggy but thats not often so is it just a false reading and is there a way to fix it?

Have you recently changed ethernet cables or anything along those lines? when I got my new 40m ethernet cable in my ping went from 65 to 350+... after a week it calmed down slightly... its now back to normal.

I've always taken them as servers that cannot be connected to (the 2500 ones), try and connect to one of them and you'll almost certainly get the "connecting failed".

;1998882']I've always taken them as servers that cannot be connected to (the 2500 ones)' date=' try and connect to one of them and you'll almost certainly get the "connecting failed".[/quote']

My server shows up always as 2500ms server. But I haven´t found a single clear and simple solution for fixing that problem. Server is behind a firewall and I´ve tried already opening default ports etc and no luck so far.

Maybe BIS could help with this one on one clear solution ?

Maltti

I dont understand why its doing this. It seems the ping would rise at some times during the day but its never done this before.

My server shows up always as 2500ms server. But I haven´t found a single clear and simple solution for fixing that problem. Server is behind a firewall and I´ve tried already opening default ports etc and no luck so far.

Maybe BIS could help with this one on one clear solution ?

Maltti

Hi.

You need to enable ICMP Ping on your router/firewall. Most of the routers to day has "ping" disable. That's mean no one from outside can ping your IP.

And also make sure you have the correct ports open for your arma 2 server.

Edited by MJK-Ranger