Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Can anyone help me get started on multiplayer? What are the current mods needed?

I am now picking up on multi-player for ArmA but I am wondering what I am going to need to get started. What mods are players currently using on servers and which ones are the popular or more frequently. Or, what squads or servers I can join. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you all

I am now picking up on multi-player for ArmA but I am wondering what I am going to need to get started. What mods are players currently using on servers and which ones are the popular or more frequently. Or, what squads or servers I can join. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you all
You don't need any mods for joining a multiplayer game. In fact it seems that by far the most public servers don't allow mods anyway because mods make the game prone to cheating.

Some servers allow some mods like vehicle fixes etc. but you don't necessarily need them to play on the server.

The only Kind of server that needs addons are those that run custom maps or total conversion mods like ACE but this kind of missions are rare on public servers.

Edited by Beagle

Thank you.