Sign in to follow this  
Rexxenexx

Rexxenexxs ArmA2ServerGUI

Removed due to lack of interest.

Edited by Rexxenexx

Tested and working in LinuxMint11 but if you have a 64bit install you must install the ia32-libs package.

EDIT: I was wondering if one of you guys can tweak this with me, I've been away from Linux for a while, to make it even more useful/refined. I'll give credit and update the ver. # etc. The last thing I was working on was the "view logfile" action. I wanted it to update "Live", really about every 10sec or so. PM me your tweaks and I'll update here the progress. TIA.

Edited by Rexxenexx

Someone that can mirror this PM me your email so we can add more mirrors.

Someone that can mirror this PM me your email so we can add more mirrors.

I can mirror, if we still talk about the linux gui... the thread is a bit confusing, but I am interested in looking into it.

It's not as much of lack of interest as it is that I don't think many people use linux servers for A2 and those that do have already got the server running good.

It's not as much of lack of interest as it is that I don't think many people use linux servers for A2 and those that do have already got the server running good.

it could also be related to the fact that it is a GUI tool for the Desktop, but only few people run an Xserver on a dedicated internet linux server... it really makes no sense to have an xserver running except you would like to waste memory and cpu.

A LAMP driven version would be nice and could help to manage linuxservers very easy.

JUST FOR CLARITY SAKE: This is not a PHP script, which would be AWESOME! It's a Graphical User Interface for all the things you would normally type when running a Linux based arma2server.

I originally wrote it because when testing the server I hated using the terminal over and over again and checking the log over and over again back and forth etc.

I totally understand that most Linux servers are either Hosted by someone else (ie the admin has no control of anything) OR the home server admin is using a non xserver distro so this is not for either of these people. This is for someone who has an extra computer and knows little to nothing about Linux and just wants to get a server running similar to Windows.

The way I use it is: Turn on the computer>Run the GUI>Start Server>Turn off monitor>Use my Netbook once in a while to Remote Access the server to check on it.

I'm writing a quick how-to on running a Linux server using LinuxMint11 64-bit. I'll look into adding a "boot to terminal" (once its running ok in the xserver) and running it w/o the xserver.

byteslam do you still want to mirror it? I'll update the first post if so.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

A LAMP driven version would be nice and could help to manage linuxservers very easy.

That would be awesome. I do write PHP but I never tried ANYTHING related to executing a file on a Linux server, but I'll look into what commands are available. It would also need some kind of check/PID finding deal...I'll look into it. ;)

This looks like a kool tool. It's always good to see some new tools for Linux sys admins for arma. While I don't really have a need for a tool like this, since I do all my admin from command line, I still think it's useful for some ppl. It would be really awesome to see some php tool that could be used to do administration through a web interface, as someone mentioned.

Rexxenexx : I can host your tool on my website if you're still looking for more mirrors? My site is www.AnzusWarGames.info

Rereleased as Community ArmA2 Dedicated Server Control GUI or arma2serverGUI for short.

tylenol187, byteslam, and anyone else that wants to mirror it PM me on how I can upload it to you if you aren't regged with my website. It's only 5.6KB.

I guess we can close this one than.