Sign in to follow this  
Bucic

ACE PvP or NO evolution-like - Europe based

Contact me first via PM!

I've spent hours already trying to find a server I could take that game (CO) for a spin but I had to give up and therefore I ask the community for help. If anyone could point me into the right direction. A server or a group (for scheduled event!) that would more or less feature what I look for in ArmA multiplayer

1. Europe based server
  2. ACE mod compatible
  3. PvP gameplay or at least non-continuous mission *
  4. /or/ sp missions / campaign COOP
  5. team work oriented - no praying for points while loosing teammates!

* no quake please ; I'd like it to be like: teams split, solid collective mission briefing, mission execution, end, mission debriefing (as, for example, in the Eye for an eye ArmA 2 mission)

I tried using the built-in MP browser but many geniuses put "NO ACE" in game names so the only way to find an ACE compatible servers using the filter is by "1.11" or "ACRE". Using that method I found ~3 servers, none with PvP.

The last resort would be to contact group by group via their websites

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/nested/a546d346-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d?_method=get&associations=queryservers

Edited by Bucic

I tried using the built-in MP browser but many geniuses put "NO ACE" in game names so the only way to find an ACE compatible servers using the filter is by "1.11" or "ACRE". Using that method I found ~3 servers, none with PvP.

Yeah this always made me scratch my head. If one doesn't run ACE, why not enabling signature check instead of appearing in game browser like that? :D

AFAIK there aren't many PvP/TvT servers running ACE; though I think I saw videos from such events on the YouTube, and that included one Russian server and United Operations at least.

Ah, I see. So I guess it will be necessary to contact the groups and ask directly... :/ Thanks for your input anyway.

In any case, whoever reads this, please contact me if your MP preferences more or less match mine.

Since it doesn't look like I'll be having tons of options to choose from, I'll try to host a proper session myself. Today around 1900-2000 CET I'll try to host a test mission to see if I can host anything at all (I'm behind a NAT, network stuff). The mission name will be ACE PvP Bucic and it will serve network testing purposes only. It may not even be a PvP. I hope you get it. So please jump in and tell me if the connection was successful. Or not.

If it works I'll announce it and wait for people to contact me via PM to set up a meeting. In the meantime I encourage everyone to propose a mission to host. Could be one of the standard SP missions or even a campaign mission but I don't know how these are to be modified to allow people to join...

If you're searching for ACE servers, you could probably best check; http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/nested/a546d346-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d?_method=get&associations=queryservers

You can further search and filter these results, with the Advanced search button.

Or use the built-in server browser in Six Updater, and put @ACE in the mod filter field.

Already tried that (see the OP). Quite intimidating at first, I must say. I tried mod=ace but is there a loc code that would display all European based servers?

That said I see no reason why servers with "NO ACE" are tolerated as they make the Filter function of the built-in ArmA's MP browser useless :protest:

The Loc column contains the country. You can sort, group and filter on it.

In the client, you first need to enable "Incl ping & country" checkbox, and then sync with gamespy server list.

By default it is disabled because fetching the pings and countries makes the process take longer.

I know that it does but to search for European based server I'd have to perform queries for different countries one by one. I guess that's the case and there's no way around it.

MY OLD SIGNATURE BACKUP:

sig_ace_hail.png

HELP TEST THE SERVER! - ACE PvP or NO evolution-like - Europe based

Looking for MP companions! - ACE + OA - mission like the SP 02: Eye for an eye would be perfect; same but PvP = perfect^2

ACE Advanced Combat Environment game guide

Edited by Bucic

I know that it does but to search for European based server I'd have to perform queries for different countries one by one. I guess that's the case and there's no way around it.
Sure there's a way around it; write a feature request ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-web-srv/issues | http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues Edited by Sickboy

If you happen to use a alternate launcher/browser that allows you to search for addon name's specifically, it's much easier to locate servers running ACE rather than search by server name.

(honestly I do not remember if the actual game's server browser allows this, but I know SpiritedMachine's Launcher, and Yoma's Addon Sync will)

I'd use the Six Updater if anything.

Current status: Testing if MY connection allows hosting MP sessions. EDIT: I'll leave the mission hosted for the day.

Alternatively: Another European needed to host MP sessions.

OK, the test mission is on! Please use the Filter and enter ACE PvP Bucic to find and, hopefully, connect to my session.

ohitson.jpg

Edited by Bucic

Ah, I forgot / been busy. Same with the issue with back blast...