Sign in to follow this  
Breaker0410

Open Binarized files with o2

Hi all, My request is simple, when I want to open P3D files with o2, I have this error message:

"Unable to load Binarized versions of the P3D..."

How can I do to open Binarized files?

long and short of it ........... you cant , altho people i do believe re-texture bi models etc using programs such as hex edit

Hex-editing BI stuff isn't allowed. A lot of BI vehicles are prepared for simple re-texturing using the hiddenselections method. To determine if the desired vehicle is prepared for such a re-texture, open the mission editor, place the respective vehicle and in it's initline write:

this setObjectTexture [0, ""]

then click on preview. If now half or all of the vehicle is invisible, then it is ready for re-texturing.

If it isn't, then you might be lucky and the model already existed in Armed Assault for which exist unbinarized p3d files (provided by BI themselves) which can be found here: http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma_files_editing_tools

And for the last case, if the respective model/addon is not made by BIS but from a modder/addonmaker.....well, you're not supposed to be able to open these. Contact the respective modder/addonmaker and ask him if he would give you the unbinarized version of the p3d file.

As you only joined this month ...... seems a medium chance your only here to hack models.

WARNING - BIS will hunt you down ;)

Of course happy to be proven wrong, and I'd be thrilled to hear you're a lagit Addon maker for this game, about to create awesome stuff.

To answer this, my goal is not to appropriate the works of another but to understand how the addons are doing so that I can do mine, do not worry I'm not here for the glory , but understand me when I see all availables addons on Armaholic , I say "Why not me," This game has always interested me by its timeless development Being able to continually add new addons makes this game the best in the world. Hoping to have more help.

In this regard, I wanted to ask if the only change of the .paa textures enough to make a new addon?

To learn the basics the A1 sample models will do the job perfectly. Modelwise there is very little difference to A2 (right now only the wreck LOD comes to mind and also this one is a easy thing). For any issues that may arise there are surely already a few threads in here covering said issues.

If questions arises that aren't already covered (or not clear enough) everyone here will help out as best as they can (include myself there).

Also make sure you bookmark the BIWIKI as this is e very useful ressource for any sort of editing, be it addons or missions. Although i have to admit, a lot of info you wont find through links, entering one or two keywords into the search will almost always bring up some useful stuff.

Also check the stickied threads as some contain valuable info and tutorials which might be of little to great help.

Just to have it said: hex-editing is a no-go in general. For BIS stuff it is clearly prohibited by the EULA you agreed when installing the game, for 3rd party addonmakers stuff it is common sense to ask the respective addonmaker directly for a unbinarized file to work with it. Basically said, most important thing for any addonmaker is his reputation he has in the community. If people know you're a nice guy and keep things like credits right, the sooner they are willing to share their work with you. It is rare that someone really denies it and even then, most have good reason they will explain to you so you can understand it.

Be welcome here. Curios to see your first works. But be prepared for critics but always remember, only critics will push you to get better, receiving only "woah, nice..." comments wont bring you further. ;)

There is no problem, exept that I am a real novice. I think that it should not be so hard but I think we must have the bases, I ask the right questions, I would have the right answers?

I ask the right questions, I would have the right answers?

Absolutely.

As Myke already said, if its BIS models and some user made addons you can use;

this setObjectTexture [0, "texturepath\texturename"]

to change the texture to whatever you have created.