Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Weapons with NV?

Hi guys

I have been running through the weapons in Class Thread to see which ones have NV scopes as I h8 the fact that most of the scopes cease to work once you try to use them at night (zoom = black screen).

So wondering if anyone has done the research and knows/has a list of the suitable weapons for NV.

Or what rifle/scope would you prefer to use at night? (Note: I really don't like the thermal scopes - it's like an unfair advantage for the missions I am creating).

Thanx

Lighty.

If you are looking for OPFOR, all that I know of is the AK74PVS. The M110NV and the M107NV are the only BLUFOR I can think of off the top of my head...

i use iron sights or the mk17 sniper/NVG scope for night battles.

PS: if you press / on a weapon with scope, you get iron sights, so you can use any weapon(mostly) for nights that way.

No, most scopes don't have secondary sights. I think ACOGs are the only one.

Mk16 CQ/T also have secondary. Keep in mind, you wouldn't really be able to use secondaries either with NVG. Want to play real? Use laser only as your aiming device. Hard as hell :) Too bad night fighting isn't too well reflected on the AI who seem to have magic seeing abilities once you're tagged.

Another NVG rifle is FN_FAL_ANPVS4 (classname).

Personally I prefer providing the player with the option to get illumination rather than a bunch of NVG equipped scopes.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

If you use ACE you also have the HK416 AN/PVS-14, the only 5.56 NV weapon in the game.

The problem with using non-NVG scope at night is that "getting used to the dark" is weird is hell in the game. And overall it's not too highly realistic to use day scopes at night (you'll either use a laser or a night sight, depending on your role...).

Also SVD NSPU wasn't mentioned. For AK74 there are actually 2, an NV and a thermal variant. Same for M110. M249 has a themal sight variant as well.

thanx guys - good information there.

i think i will use that FN FAL for stock Arma2 and the HK for ACE.

If you use regular ARMA 2 rifles... All of them can be used in the dark and you can see at night if you have night vision on instead of blackness.

EX: let's say u zoom in with the G36 camo from OA, you see pitch black but you can go secondary sight

let's say you zoom in with G36 normal from ArmA 2, you still see in nightvision but no secondary sight