Sign in to follow this  
tacticalnuggets

Advance The Flag (ATF) Beta released

New pvp game mode beta released. Template and pack to come soon.

Learn about it at armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14721

v0.96

fixed - Invincibility problem solved.

v0.97

Fixed - Squad leader kit still had obsolete FBP deploy ability

Added - New functions SpawnAtomic and ExecAtomic for the PublicCodeSystem; can utilize for atomicity

Improved - Reliability now improved by using SpawnAtomic and ExecAtomic in place of old atomicity system

v0.98

Changed - Reduced flag zone capture time to 60 seconds, and set expiration warning time to 60 seconds. (warning time and capture appear the same, but expiration just needs a friendly presence in the zone.

Changed - Removed the randomized flag tag (was a debatable feature) and now enemy flag zone is visible on map just as yours is.

Improved - MP performance now improved, less public variable usage when visual state is the same.

Improved - Internal system for scanning flag zones is now more reliable as well, and redeploying in the same spot super fast without redeploy delay (was sort of impossible before, but now absolutely impossible) will not keep the flag from collapsing.

v0.99

Fixed - Player kits had a few possible bugs/old pieces of code running

Added - New script initialization module called ClientBuildSystem_InitBuildSystem. This allows you to use the raw build menus without the actual weapon kits, but still using the building list format. This is sort of an advance thing to work with, and not fully tested.

Added - When you enter the enemy base you get a 10 second warning that you will die if you dont leave the enemy base.

Improved - Merged another script into a thread to reduce script usage and increase reliability a tad (these things usually are not problems, and only theoretically become issues).

Edited by tacticalnuggets

Looks great. I played it solo (obviously NOT good for PVP) but the AI troops could not kill me.

Looks great. I played it solo (obviously NOT good for PVP) but the AI troops could not kill me.

Were you in the base? Cause those are safe zone protected. Also, taking fire from someone in a safe zone does no damage, which is probably what your experiencing.

Nope I was outside, WELL outside. I was just outside the enemies safe zones too and no AI could hit me.

Will investigate again

Good catch! The last thing I did before the beta release was change how safe zones operated and switched to handling damage instead of invisible shields. (more performance friendly). A function that detected if an object was in a safe zone accidently used a straight marker name instead of a marker position. Fix and version will soon be updated.

Cool mate !

This looks like a great mission. Here is a thing, what about making it that AI can help as well? Watching AI commanders push for for Alpha flag would be cool too !

Cool mate !

This looks like a great mission. Here is a thing, what about making it that AI can help as well? Watching AI commanders push for for Alpha flag would be cool too !

Maybe someday it can be modified by other people to do this, a template and mission pack will be released eventually. Its currently built for PVP, and the AI is enabled by default in the beta for testing purposes.

I hope the pack i'm working on turns out to be about 10 missions per island, with different sizes and player numbers. Keep testing this, hopefully the invincibility fix will be officially uploaded to armaholic shortly.

You can get the mission with the invincibility fix from this file host until then:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b8o83ihxqbk76vs

Thanks mate. Will have a look later on.

Have you thought about using other islands using the same template? I suppose it just requires the correct location to make sure there is no geographic advantage to either side.

Thanks mate. Will have a look later on.

Have you thought about using other islands using the same template? I suppose it just requires the correct location to make sure there is no geographic advantage to either side.

Yes its very easy. If you just pop the same code in the mission folder and use the standard marker names and variable assignments in the object init lines then it dynamically generates in the same way as the current beta test mission. Then you can go into the init.sqf file and change the parameters for things like zone radius, field ratio (for width of battlefield compared to length), field shape (rectangle or ellipse), capture time, mission time. Its all very simple with a few instructions. Its possible to de pbo the current mission and put it in the editor to mess around with it, then you can just copy the folder, change the map and make new missions. I'd wait for the template though because its still technically beta and some gameplay elements could change.

I can wait mate.

Here's an idea to expand on what you have already (maybe in parameters)....

Could imagine a tank only type battleground too where player automatically spawn into tanks. Using something where the player can instantly go from gunner to driver would be great ! So they still have to advance the flags :)

Glad to see the fixes. Hopefully we can try this for drills tonight.

Edit: Seems the download from armaholic is the incorrect file type and size, and the second link is wrong. It try's to go back to armaholic.net somewhere.

Edited by Sleep

Seems the file is missing the compression extension to extract it. I think adding .rar would work as I can pull it out using that extension. I will contact one of the administrators to fix this error.

I may just wait for the next beta upload tomorrow. I'm also planning on releasing a Micro ATF at some point. Its basically the same except it uses an older undeploy then deploy manually system instead of redeploy. Micro ATF will be better for smaller maps and player numbers, and will serve as a more CQB style pvp. Once the ATF pack and templates are released, watch out this could blow up. I'm already in contact with some tournaments who wish to do some beta testing to use this game mode. Its in constant development as my summers are filled with lots of time when i'm not doing computer science stuff.

Edited by tacticalnuggets

The beta has been updated to v0.98. It was a large and important update, so it needs some good testing.

A very big difference in this version is that the randomized tag marker that hovers near the enemies hidden flag zone is now all gone. The enemy flag zones appear normally just as your own flag zones do.

Also, I'm thinking about some art work. :yay:

Looks really nice! I hope it becomes popular.

Maybe limit the classes that can redeploy the flag? Such as Team Leaders only?