Sign in to follow this  
quantum112

Player list key

Hi, I have a dumb problem here... namely the player list key is 'P' and I can't seem to change this. I'm left handed and I use "PL:" " key configuration so P is my move forward, naturally whenever I press this the player list comes up ... really irritating. Is there a way to change this control?

Thanks

Hi, I have a dumb problem here... namely the player list key is 'P' and I can't seem to change this. I'm left handed and I use "PL:" " key configuration so P is my move forward, naturally whenever I press this the player list comes up ... really irritating. Is there a way to change this control?

Thanks

go into the controls and delete w,a,s,d from the move keys and add the ones you use, youll have to move the player list to another key and youll have to do that with any other keys that overlap

im a lefty too but ive never seen anyone use a computer left handed before :p

^^ what he said, but also have you not tried using the â†â†‘↓→ arrow keys? seem's it'll be much easier for you....

;1977731']^^ what he said' date=' but also have you not tried using the â†â†‘↓→ arrow keys? seem's it'll be much easier for you....[/quote']

does that work by default? i forgot about that.

You are joking right??

...what?

No.

Anyway, I managed to fix this by opening up my ARMA2OAPROFILE file in My Documents and finding the line that says "keyNetworkPlayers[]={};" I removed the number in the {} brackets and that unbound the key.

The problem was in the fact that the player list key was -not- listed in any of the controls ingame, so there is no way to change it without tinkering with the config file.

Also, arrow keys are totally impractical, there is nothing in the vicinity to be used for reload, prone, and all the other functions you need to have at hand in ARMA...

The setup I'm using is basically a mirror of WASD in that you have enter, backspace, space, alt, control, shift, and all the other keys right next to where your movement keys are.

Also, arrow keys are totally impractical, there is nothing in the vicinity to be used for reload, prone, and all the other functions you need to have at hand in ARMA...

The setup I'm using is basically a mirror of WASD in that you have enter, backspace, space, alt, control, shift, and all the other keys right next to where your movement keys are.

I'm not a lefty, but I do have all the "mostly used" keybinds tied to the right side. If you have TIR or similar, that eliminates the need of num pad look keys. That is where I binded reload/swap weapon and so on.

...what?

No.

Anyway, I managed to fix this by opening up my ARMA2OAPROFILE file in My Documents and finding the line that says "keyNetworkPlayers[]={};" I removed the number in the {} brackets and that unbound the key.

The problem was in the fact that the player list key was -not- listed in any of the controls ingame, so there is no way to change it without tinkering with the config file.

you didnt have to go into the profile and do it that way, all you had to do was go to options and controls and change them there :p

edit: i dont have a number pad it sucks :(

Uhm, don't think you read what you quoted here ;) He said he couldn't find it, but was resourceful enough to look into the config file. I don't know if it's in the keybindings or not though.

Uhm, don't think you read what you quoted here ;) He said he couldn't find it, but was resourceful enough to look into the config file. I don't know if it's in the keybindings or not though.

whoops, i skipped that line, that makes more sense now. :bounce3: