Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

What is "Vehicle Turbo" ?

This is really an A2/CO question, but I'm sure many here can answer it.

I have collective mapped to Left Shift key, which is also the default key for some vehicle command called "Vehicle Turbo" from A2, which I have never used. What is it?

Full Throttle, pedal bolted to floor, As fast as you can, insane speed. Just delete forward and assign fast forward to it...it's the same.

Thanks. What is the difference between turbo and E which is like "go real fast"? Is turbo faster?

Thanks. What is the difference between turbo and E which is like "go real fast"? Is turbo faster?

Not sure it has any effect in TKoH, havent tried it though. It's the equivalent of hitting the afterburner on a Jet.

For other vehicles it gives extra boost to get thru some tough terrain, think thats the point of it as the terrain can cause issues that are not neccessarily real life perfect

Not sure it has any effect in TKoH, havent tried it though. It's the equivalent of hitting the afterburner on a Jet.

For other vehicles it gives extra boost to get thru some tough terrain, think thats the point of it as the terrain can cause issues that are not neccessarily real life perfect

Yes, I am talking only about using Turbo in A2, not ToH. In A2, I wish I had known of its existence, for many vehicles (like the white UN M113 APC) go REALLY slow uphill, and turbo could have helped. Darn.

3 vehicle speeds in ArmA.

Q = Slow

W = Normal

E = Fast

W + Left Shift = Fast

Holding E + Left Shift will not make you go any faster. If you use E to drive the fastest, and not W + Left Shift, you can un-assign Left Shift.

3 vehicle speeds in ArmA.

Q = Slow

W = Normal

E = Fast

W + Left Shift = Fast

Holding E + Left Shift will not make you go any faster. If you use E to drive the fastest, and not W + Left Shift, you can un-assign Left Shift.

Excellent, thank you. So E (which I always use) drives the same speed as W + Left Shift?

Excellent, thank you. So E (which I always use) drives the same speed as W + Left Shift?

Correct.

Correct.

You're the man! Thanks again. :)

Just to mention this, "E" isn't magical speed, it's just literal fast as the vehicle will go speed.

Believe me, I know ALL ABOUT "E" speeds. Just the "turbo" key was a mystery. Maybe they should make "magical" speeds a new option (already there with the -/= increase time elapse speed)? ;)

Just to mention this, "E" isn't magical speed, it's just literal fast as the vehicle will go speed.

Correct. As I stated above, there are 3 different types of speed levels in ArmA. (And OFP I believe)

Q = Slow

W = Normal

E = Fast

W + L Shift = Fast (Same as E)

The fastest you can go is E or W + L Shift.

Glad I could help OMAC.