Sign in to follow this  
nzdfcrash

Main Rvmats not showing ingame.

I have this issue on 3 vehicles ive been working on where the glass rvmats are working perfectly yet the rvmats for say the side of the vehicle dont show or are really weak. Down below is an example of one of rvmats at cause, Nohq, smdi and as textures are fine as far as i can see with no alpha channels and are fairly clean

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};
diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,1};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};
specular[]={0.75,0.80000001,0.69999999,1};
specularPower=100;
PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";
class Stage1
{
texture="anzac_utility_u1700_t\tex\mog_side_nohq.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage2
{
texture="anzac_utility_u1700_t\tex\mog_dt.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={3,0,0};
	up[]={0,3,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage3
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,MC)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage4
{
texture="anzac_utility_u1700_t\tex\mog_as.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage5
{
texture="anzac_utility_u1700_t\tex\mog_smdi.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage6
{
texture="#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(0.92,0.95)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage7
{
texture="ca\data\env_land_co.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

Out of interest, do you binarize the PBO when you test it? IIRC BinPBO binarizes RVMATs which can break them...

yep i always binarize. Will try altering binpbo when i get home from work tonight as this has only started happening since i last formatted. Ti tex will be added once i sort out the main rvmat/s.

i used to have an issue with rvmats and binpbo back in arma1. the way i fixed it back then (and the way i still do it) is in the options of binpbo there should be a list at the top. i don't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but it has a bunch of files there that look like this *paa; (just an example). well, at the end of that i added *.rvmat; and the problem was fixed back then. i haven't changed that since.

yeah the list is of things that BinPBO should copy across directly rather than binarize, if you do as bink says then it'll just copy over the rvmats and they should work fine.

Yeh, I too like everyones been doing that ever since the tools first came out (well..... nearly everyone ;) )

But what I dont understand is why BIS didn't add it themselves to the tool set install, even after patches and updates to the tools have happened ..... ?

And because they didn't its always suggested to me that we're doing something fundamentally wrong with our RVMATS that BIS has failed to mention .......

...... or they're just slack on fixing ! :D

Gnat;1973833']Yeh' date=' I too like everyones been doing that ever since the tools first came out (well..... nearly everyone ;) )

But what I dont understand is why BIS didn't add it themselves to the tool set install, even after patches and updates to the tools have happened ..... ?

And because they didn't its always suggested to me that we're doing something fundamentally wrong with our RVMATS that BIS has failed to mention .......

...... or they're just slack on fixing ! :D[/quote']

I believe Kegetys said (ages ago) that the RVMAT is "burnt" into the model, in a similar way to how a model.cfg is, so it could well be to do with that. Although bear in mind I may have mis-understood/remembered what he said!

Either way, it's never worked for me unless I have added it to the copy directly list. I do recall that with my Irish units, some of the RVMATs worked while others didn't so maybe it half succeeded, I dunno...

Edited by STALKERGB

Ok its definately added in Binpbo yet i still have the same issue. Seems rather odd that its doing this when it hasn't in the last 3 years i've been using the tools.

Well, when I encounter weird problems I can't solve with rational problem solving, I export the model as a text file and reimport it into a new scene. What does the model look like in game? Just a diffuse texture with vertex shading or what?

one thing i've noticed are your stage 6 & 7 are non-conform to standard:

class Stage6
{
texture="#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(0.45,0.2)";
uvSource="none";
};
class Stage7
{
texture="ca\data\env_land_co.paa";
uvSource="none";
};