Sign in to follow this  
Butulino

Arma 3: Interview with Ivan Buchta, Creative Director of Bohemia Interactive

I hope they fix the ragdolls. The explosion ragdoll effects are nice but when they get shot they just drop down. Not even taking into affect the force and path of they bullet. They just drop on the ground. If someone gets shot in the head from the front they should fall backwards.

Sheesh :) bullets don't add velocity to their target. People do really just drop straight down, or they drop in the direction they were already moving i.e. if they were running.

I hope they fix the ragdolls. The explosion ragdoll effects are nice but when they get shot they just drop down. Not even taking into affect the force and path of they bullet. They just drop on the ground. If someone gets shot in the head from the front they should fall backwards.

Too much hollywood/FPS games? That cliché always destroys immersion for me. Bodies are pretty heavy so, yes, they should just drop straight down. A (relatively) tiny little bullet won't move a heavy body; it's basic physics.

What we really need is more animations laid on top of the physics. Simply collapsing into ragdoll looks like crap. You need the person to twitch or jump first, registering the impact with shock or pain, then they fall. This should happen with non-fatal hits as well, so as to disrupt the ability to shoot back.

I hope they fix the ragdolls.

ohh come on....

did you even thought a second before you posted this?

i will not even bother to make a propper response to this but just point you towards

and
so that you might want to find an answer on your own....

not even starting with how wrong this in the physical aspect is

FPDR

what would indeed be nice is an expanded animation system connected to ragdoll and a correct momentum

Edited by PurePassion

The force of the bullet- hahahaha.

Bullets just tear through tissue, they don't push anything. Not a 100 kg soldier (body + equipment) especially.

The lack of player base is what people complain about.

There is a lack of player base?

The reasons are the all too well known issues of MP play arma has.

Now if they say and promote the game as NON pvp game,

it will certainly not help the MP numbers as people reading this think:

"okay skip arma III - it will be not about pvp play".

If people are stupid to think "oh they said they focus on COOP that means there will be no PvP" even though ArmA is as PvP friendly as it gets - then the community is better without these people.

Why coop gamers never whine that BIS doesn't make good coop missions?

And by coop I don't mean stupid shit like Evo, Domi or whatever.

Why it's PvP players that constantly whine while coop players just create nice stuff

And why exactly PvP players are of any critical importance to games especially ArmA which most people play in coop?

Edited by metalcraze

There is a lack of player base?

Aren't you the guy who said in another of these tiresome threads that he only played on a locked and private server? If so, then perhaps you really are unaware of ArmA's MP numbers relative to other successful games. On the other hand, perhaps you're just trolling again...

... then the community is better without these people.

Great attitude. No wonder the Arma "community" has a reputation for being elitist and up its own *rse.

And by coop I don't mean stupid shit like Evo, Domi or whatever.

Nice. Ever wonder why the original author of Domination isn't maintaining it any more ?

Why it's PvP players that constantly whine while coop players just create nice stuff

Really? Check my signature or do a bit of research on the contributions PvpScene (kju) has made to this game before spouting your ill-informed twaddle.

And why exactly PvP players are of any critical importance to games especially ArmA which most people play in coop?

Lol. Can you really not see the circularity in this argument ?

Well, this thread has passed its allocated offtopicness level.