Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Is ArmA 3 Futuristic? Yes. Realistic? Maybe.

ohh boy....

this thread is so full of narrow minded people, you dont have enough facepalms for it...

it is simple: there are people who think the new setting sucks and then there are people who love too see it. 2 factions debating on a debate without any solution. if you like it, you like it. if you hate it, you hate it.

so what was the point again?

PP

on maps with big vegetation (jungle), I see at a distance of 10-20m how much I reduce the accuracy of AI?Do not forget that all the enemies in the forest lie and watch to you, through the bushes and trees, hills it looks like on the total Ambush (hunting for you) :-)

AI cannot see through the default bushes. This has been proven

If there is anything wrong with the bushes of the particular mod you use than its the mods fault, not ArmA2's.

If there is anything wrong with the bushes of the particular mod you use than its the mods fault, not ArmA2's.

It's hopeless nemesis. Some people just won't let go of believing in their lies... like those Steam haters. :rolleyes:

The point is that everyone has his own definition of 'realistic' or has no idea what is it at all. But arguing is so much fun!!:rolleyes:

My kind request for futurologists here:

Give exact number of probability so that 'plausible' event can be assumed 'realistic'.

So, p=0.***

Or the thread can be closed.

Edited by Blu3sman

Yes, I admit that the AI does not see through the bushes, but then you Explain 10-15 times in a row killing me through the bushes with distances ranging from 300 to 800m? Сan be a simulation of luck ? the videos do not prove I have very often that a short distance 2-10m AI falls into a trance and did not notice me at point blank range, but kills instantly if you press the right mouse button! I watch with "Real Time Editor" going above and saw the enemy soldiers how to accurately track the movement of my men through two houses!

Explain

I do not invent non-existent problems I've been playing this series for several years and it really annoys me

Yes, I admit that the AI does not see through the bushes, but then you Explain 10-15 times in a row killing me through the bushes with distances ranging from 300 to 800m? Сan be a simulation of luck ? the videos do not prove I have very often that a short distance 2-10m AI falls into a trance and did not notice me at point blank range, but kills instantly if you press the right mouse button! I watch with "Real Time Editor" going above and saw the enemy soldiers how to accurately track the movement of my men through two houses!

Explain

I do not invent non-existent problems I've been playing this series for several years and it really annoys me

Were you alone on the ridgeline? More importantly were you alone when you opened fire. The AI puts a very high priority (and has formidable positioning skills) once someone starts shooting. AI appears to prioritize targets that shoot more/faster (like AK107s or MGs)

Next question. So you were expecting to be invisble behind a bush? Do you think HUMAN players in a PvP environment would have stopped shooting because you put some foliage between you and them? Think again.

Next time you are in a situation where you need to engage multiple AI soldiers in an open field. Bring more men. Preferably a MG. Recognize that the AI can be surpressed (which reduces its response times) and also gets confused when there are multiple priority targets.

In short create tactics that levrage your advantages. Play the game.

-k

A problem is how they target. In my mission I set the whole area on suppression mode where reveal simulates information sharing. So I get ZU-23s opening up from the other side of the valley, in total darkness, in fog. When I move trying to get to better cover, the little rectangle they have will update, even if they have no chance on seeing me. Rectangle updates is based purely on line of sight, and doesn't account for visibility through weather or smoke. This is a huge problem.