Sign in to follow this  
Zorg_DK

How to get the green squad icons to disappear automatically?

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to have the green squad icons disappear after a few seconds after giving a command and reappear when you give a new command?

I've never heard of such a feature or addon unfortunately. But, it sounds like something to add to the ArmA3 wishlist? :)

yes i think so too. they shouldn't clutter up the screen when you don't need them.

I think this can be set up in the server config file on the server.

Found what you might be looking for:

/*
Example ArmA2Profile configuration file
by [KH]Jman, 1st July 2009.  http://www.kellys-heroes.eu 
*/

class Difficulties
{
class Recruit
{
class Flags
{

Armor=1;		// Gives you improved body armor, tank armor etc
FriendlyTag=1;		// Displays information on friendly units. ONLY WORKS WITH 'Weaponcursor=0', eg crosshair on.
EnemyTag=1;		// Displays information on enemy units
HUD=1;			// Shows you leaders location and your position in formation
HUDPerm=1;		// Shows HUD permanently
HUDWp=1;		// Shows Waypoints right after they're ordered to you
HUDWpPerm=1;		// Shows Waypoints permanently
WeaponCursor=1;		// Shows the crosshair for your weapon
AutoAim=1;		// Enables auto aim when you're not looking through your weapon's scope. Also works with crosshair off
AutoGuideAT=1;		// AT missiles will be automatically guided to their target. If 0, player has to lock onto the target.
3rdPersonView=1;	// This turns 3rd(third) person view and group leader view on or off. Please never talk of this as "3D view" - ArmA is not an arcade game !
ClockIndicator=1;	// Displays the clock indicator on the left of your screen when giving/receiving orders like "At 11 o'clock, enemy man at 200 meters"
Map=1;			// Shows symbols for all objects known to your gruop on the map. This will NOT disable the map itself !
Tracers=1;		// Displays tracers even of small arms that in real life would not have tracers
AutoSpot=1;		// If you're close enough to an enemy, you'll report it without right-clicking
UltraAI=0;		// Enables super AI, hear and see more and increased tactics. This is for both friendly and enemy sides.
DeathMessages=1;	// Displays death messages i.e. playerA kill playerB
NetStats=1;		// Displays score board
VonID=1;		// Displays VON player name in window

HUD Perm set to 0 should make it fade. Not sure if you can do it as client.

Edited by Muerte LOL