Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

OFP 1.96 + 1.99 missing textures problem

I've been informed that my problem may be a HW/driver issue, I am not using the latest driver for my nVidia GTX 280 but they are quite recent. I don't see how new drivers of only a few weeks difference would solve this issue that seems to affect the game since the 1.96 patch :)

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

So I guess I'm after some trick, process or workaround to help me out. Most times when I start the game I get missing textures on some objects as shown in the screenies below. Changing resolution ingame sometimes gets some textures back, but not all of them. Although the screenies show the game with a custom island and a custom mission running, it is the same in vanilla. Those non-textured objects are vanilla objects.

Very occasionally the game will start up with no texture problems at all, so I know my system is at least capable of error free rendering :)

Fiddled with the app's compatability settings, same problems.

*edit*

Also, there is a little black square that I assume is where my invisible mouse cursor is, as I move the weapon about with the mouse it also moves accordingly.

ColdWarAssault1.jpg

ColdWarAssault2.jpg

Edited by DMarkwick

Since no one has asked yet: What is that "D3D8 34.90 Mono" in the upper left corner?

Do you still have those problems when disabling it?

Ah, that is my 3D driver busy doing nothing.... when I enable it ingame my game runs in 3D (anaglyph.) When disabled it just shows FPS, but for the purposes of this problem I will completely switch it off.

Since no one has asked yet: What is that "D3D8 34.90 Mono" in the upper left corner?

Do you still have those problems when disabling it?

Well, it seems that 3D driver was responsible :) thanks for pointing toward it :D