Sign in to follow this  
JB1528

In the Arma 2 warfare missions do the AI use aircraft?

In the vanilla Arma 2 CO missions I was wondering if the AI ever uses aircraft.

I'm only familiar with 2 Arma2 CO vanilla warfare missions:

Badlands and Dogs Of War

In Badlands I have not seen any aircraft not on land and not on air.

In Dogs Of War I have only seen friendly USMC helicopters and CDF helicopter that comes to pick up captures Lopotev. Never seen enemy use aircraft.

Someone else may reply how it is in vanilla warfare scenarios which I have never touched.

In all of A2 CO + PMC there is no fixed-wing aircraft of any kind, either for AI or a player. In BAF campaign an AI A10 does some strafing and bombing runs in the last mission, as does a friendly AI chopper. I've never seen enemy AI using aircraft, either.

The Russians have Ka-52s in Dogs of War, but I don't know if they spawn or were bought.

The Russians have Ka-52s in Dogs of War, but I don't know if they spawn or were bought.

I have played with decisions to avoid conflict with Russian army in Dogs Of War, so I do not know what they have up there in northwest, but been all around the map and ran that mission once over 24 hours and never saw anything else than those 3 USMC helicopters and CDF helicopter flying.

I have played with decisions to avoid conflict with Russian army in Dogs Of War, so I do not know what they have up there in northwest, but been all around the map and ran that mission once over 24 hours and never saw anything else than those 3 USMC helicopters and CDF helicopter flying.

Same for me.

Here is a little discussion about Superpowers warfare mission.

It all depends how you define "AI ever uses aircraft"...

AI commander will not buy aircraft, but if you buy aircraft AI pilor will use aircraft but you have to manually give them orders.