Sign in to follow this  
TenbagUK

CTI, squad command, and me

Hey all, bought Operation Arrowhead recently because I wanted to get in on the multiplayer action. Loving the CTI game mode, for its tactical genius, but am suffering a bug in regards to commanding my troops. This bug usually happens at least once per game, and relies on my dying to fix it.

The issue is that during the command of troops, sometimes my own soldier F1, gets an order such as "MOVE" which appears above his head. The moment my own soldier has a command, I know its game over, as squad control becomes troublesome at best. Once the words about my unit icon appear I can no longer "order regroup" nor use SHIFT + F keys to select squads. I instead have to manually select each soldier with corresponding F keys and move them about on the map.

If I give the order to regroup, my soldier says "All, follow Group" instead of the usual "All, regroup" command, they then proceed to fuck off to another squad member, or location entirely.

Anyone else have this bug and know how to fix without suicide?

Personally I simply gave up on warfare rather than trying to find a way to "fix" AI control. PvP and Coop (no friendly AI) is just so much more fun in multplayer.

You must select the "done" options without selecting a soldier.0*1 i think. Another way is to reach the waypoint, hehe.

You can also press 0 then 2. This issues a "Negative" or "Failed to do" command and you will get your control back.

As above you have to complete the order with "done" which clears it.

This was something driving me mad some time ago and also back in Arma1 with COC/CEX mod getting stuck in this mode, not realising.

And so, as they said, so it was.

Cheers all! Massive help.