Sign in to follow this  

Us army to release first person shooter

I'm single too. I need to play computer games, and woman don't want me to do that. That is why i dumped my g/f. I felt sorry for over a month, but i am happy now biggrin.gif

Kann ich anhalte Ihren Stichel, während Sie ein Pipi nehmen.

Lassen Sie mich bitte ihn anhalten?

Yeah, I dumped my GF, too, last year. We had too different point of views depending on how a relationship should look like sad.gif

At the beginning I thought of getting another one, but now I think I better stay single. If you ever tasted freedom, you`ll never give it up again tounge.gif

I like my freedom. Two of my brothers live together with their g/f. One lives in Australia with his woman. They other has no freedom at all. When we are playing Risk for example, she says: Ohh (name of my brother), i want you to sit next to me and watch tv. Be sociable with me. Don't play Risk with your friends and brothers, sit next to me.

The bitch. Then i told her she was fat and her tits where hanging. And now she is mad at me. Now my brother may not play Risk too much anymore from her. mad.gif

I prefer being alone instead of being with someone I don't think is great to be with. Call it uncompromizing. The sadest thing is to see a couple who are glued together and always sharing the same oppinions, always consulting eachother before taking any action or saying anything.

When I went to see StarWars Episode 2 with my good friend, we where stoned out of this world, having a great time. Then we noticed several young couples going to the movie too - and you could see how the girls where just trailing along their boyfriends, going to see a film they didn't give shit about, just because he was. And they all looked incredibly BORED. My friend and I later tried figuring out what the fuck the point is in that - have a girlfriend who just follows you like a dog and do what you do ... that would make me insane. I want someone who stand on her own feet and has her own strong personality, not just following the crowd. That turns me on big time.

I remember when i went to EPISODE I. I wanted to go with my brothers, but my ex-g/f had to come along. (she waved her hand and said: you take me along, yes you do)

And all I wanted is SEE the movie, and all SHE did was trying to kiss me and tough me. I though: Jeez bitch leave me alone I WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE. She didn't like the movie, and I BOUGHT HER TICKET. SO WATCH THE DAMN MOVIE BITCH. That is why i will NEVER take another broad the a starwars movie again, period mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ May 24 2002,11:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I prefer being alone instead of being with someone I don't think is great to be with. Call it uncompromizing. The sadest thing is to see a couple who are glued together and always sharing the same oppinions, always consulting eachother before taking any action or saying anything.

When I went to see StarWars Episode 2 with my good friend, we where stoned out of this world, having a great time. Then we noticed several young couples going to the movie too - and you could see how the girls where just trailing along their boyfriends, going to see a film they didn't give shit about, just because he was. And they all looked incredibly BORED. My friend and I later tried figuring out what the fuck the point is in that - have a girlfriend who just follows you like a dog and do what you do ... that would make me insane. I want someone who stand on her own feet and has her own strong personality, not just following the crowd. That turns me on big time.<span id='postcolor'>

`tis true...

that must have been horrible gorgi... a girl trying to kiss you and touch you... jeeez........

No i don't think it's a threat to OFP, and it won't replace it (IMHO it will replace Counter-Strike). But cmon, it's free! I've already signed up for the cd.

I feel a conspiracy theory coming on. I am sure the CIA has hidden spyware on the CD. I mean, we all of a sudden have this great looking wargame, which is shipped for free? Downloadable for free? Noone has heard anything about it until now?

I get the feel wibe I would from a russian teddybear laying on the ground in Afghanistan....

Well, you have to be in the states to recieve the CD.

Anyone seen a download area?confused.gif

I'm not sure its available yet.

I too am iffy....you install the program and a little camera with CIA written on the side pops out of your computer....who ever is a good cracker here should take a look at it....

I was thinking i was all by myself thinking somethings gotta be up with this.

--edit

If they was selling the game i wouldn't be soo weird out about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FubarGrn @ May 24 2002,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It was Gen.George Washington's vicotries against the northern armies of the crown that turned the tide of the war... that and the help form our allies.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, that and the fact that many British commanders had no desire to fight their own people and made only token attempts to stop the revolutionaries, while neglecting to help those on their own side who did take the war seriously.

While Washington and the other revolutionary leaders did a good job, there's a lot more to the war than is portrayed in American historical propaganda; just as there's a lot more to Britain's military successes than is portrayed in British historical propaganda.

All the recruiting- and deeper psycholgical purposes the U.S. Army has by distributing this software aside,

the game itself (the shooter) could indeed turn out to be a game more than worth playing, not only because it comes for free.

As far as i was able to collect some info regarding the gameengine, it features:

- the latest unreal engine (eventually the same that is used in R6:Raven Shield)

- Around 20 singleplayer missions

- Wind and gravity affecting the trajectory

- Sophisticated communications and leading by handsignals

- nice animations (watch the trailer video)

- ability to climb walls, or fall down from them injuring yourself

- parachute drops

- multiplayer human vs. human (Army vs OPFOR) for 32 players based on a skill system devided into training classes, so newbies are playing together with newbies, while advanced classes only play together with other cracks.

- Modularity of the game. It seems addons are based on the MOS system, and new ones will be available for download some time after the release, the MOS the game is starting with is 11 (Infantry). This *could* mean that if a new MOS is introduced, some vehicles in form of addons could be available to play around with- I´m counting here on the educational logic, the intend of the Army to give an (of course) "perverted" insight into the rather complex job diversity within an Army; Tanker, Pilot etc.

aa_screen026.jpg

No word on the viewdistance yet, but if they want it to be somewhat near to believable, it should be higher than to expect from a normal shooter, especially since they boasted about detail in building after the qualification shootings.

Edit:

aa_screen023.jpg

Viewdistance looks sufficent for infantry.

Those bastards got me!!! I'm 16 and I ordered it, now they have my address, after I hit the submit button I had a feeling about it... like they were going to pesture me for the rest of my life in all ways possible, phone calls, email, crap mail in the mailbox, sending recruiters and all that shit. I suddenly feel as if this was not worth it.

It bugs me that the uniforms are so poorly camoflaged in the landscape. It seems like it's difficult to hide in bushes, etc.

It bugs me that they are gonna call me once a week.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ May 24 2002,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I remember when i went to EPISODE I. I wanted to go with my brothers, but my ex-g/f had to come along. (she waved her hand and said: you take me along, yes you do)

And all I wanted is SEE the movie, and all SHE did was trying to kiss me and tough me. I though: Jeez bitch leave me alone I WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE. She didn't like the movie, and I BOUGHT HER TICKET. SO WATCH THE DAMN MOVIE BITCH. That is why i will NEVER take another broad the a starwars movie again, period  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, reminds me of Salute of the Jugger. Took one of my early girlfiriends to see it (I have a policy of not going to chick-flicks, I always drag girls along to guys movies)...anyway, she got so bored she ended up going down on me to pass the time. Needless to say, I rapidly lost interest in the movie. To this day I have still only seen about 50% of that movie. tounge.gif

why have a gf with all the bitchin and pain that comes with it, when u can just have one night stands biggrin.gif