Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Project Zomboid

They do plan to add MP, but the last info on that was "not for another year or so". :(

I have plenty of time so I can wait for an other year :)

They have too many things left to do for the single player part anyway.

I would love to do some multiplayer but imo it's not quite there yet.

For one, I think we need more and bigger maps for it to be really interesting.

The current map feels too small and more like a testbed for various features like the NPC grouping.

I dont think that in the full version you'll find a group of survivors in every mapcell, but now you always do for testing.

It will be harder to obtain resources now too because NPC's gather them as well and they might beat you to them, and there is little else elsewhere for you to turn.

Anyway.

Apparently this might be in the next update as well, this is a picture posted quite recently:

http://twitter.com/#!/lemmy101/status/154797757339668483/photo/1

Quite awesome, considering I always run out of planks and I dont necessarily always want to chop down doors somewhere in town, one because it's noisy as hell (I dont expect this to be less noisy but at least it's out of town a bit and i'm less likely to run into zombies) and two because it leaves me without the possibility of secondary safehouses.

https://twitter.com/#!/lemmy101/status/154782732973649921/photo/1/large

Interesting...

I hate Twitter so I dont have an account there nor do I follow the devs at all so I only occassionally pick stuff like this up when on the Indie Stone forums.

Would be far nicer to have a place to find these screenshots on there.

And the game changer is revealed:

WtEZArEji4U

You can now use sheets to get out of windows (a sheet per story, so the higher up you are, the more sheets you need), windows are therefor openable.

Zombies can now break and climb through windows too.

What's more is that now you can drag furniture around, so it is possible to drag a couch in front of a door to block and slow down zombies :D

I hate Twitter so I dont have an account there nor do I follow the devs at all so I only occassionally pick stuff like this up when on the Indie Stone forums.

Would be far nicer to have a place to find these screenshots on there.

You mean like http://pzguides.com ? I run the site and try to keep updated on all the newest zomboid news. Google actually alerted me to this post through the monitoring system I use, so I thought I'd answer your question!

Just made pre-order on Desura (together with xenonauts, got some extra money this month:p) even through I don't have the time to play neither of them, but I support creative works.

The game's coming along nicely since I last saw it. I might look into it one day...

Good news everyone!

A public test release of the new PZ update has been out for a day or so now!

DO TAKE NOTE:

This is a test release of the update. This means there are still bugs, and not all features are completely finished yet. For example, in the first release I couldnt barricade windows and doors anymore.

However, since the initial release of the beta-patch there have been 4 updates to the test release already.

Find the latest release here (0.20e):

http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6474

Click through the announcements to see the changelist for each update.

Good news everyone!

A public test release of the new PZ update has been out for a day or so now!

DO TAKE NOTE:

This is a test release of the update. This means there are still bugs, and not all features are completely finished yet. For example, in the first release I couldnt barricade windows and doors anymore.

However, since the initial release of the beta-patch there have been 4 updates to the test release already.

Find the latest release here (0.20e):

http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6474

Click through the announcements to see the changelist for each update.

You probably should have quoted Lemmy.

You need to have bought the game to play.

For a second there I thought you meant it was an actual public test version, like the old one that's still floating around.

So, an update on the game:

Version 0.2.0r was released a week or so back, featuring a brand new animation system replacing the old hand-drawn pixel sprites, as well as pistols. This is probably the biggest of the 0.2.0 version updates, and the game's approaching a next big update quite quickly. The developers are also going to Rezzed, which appears to be some sort of developer convention, where they'll discuss stuff about the game. Also, it'll be the first time all the developers of the game actually meet in a physical place.

The developers are also going to Rezzed, which appears to be some sort of developer convention, where they'll discuss stuff about the game. Also, it'll be the first time all the developers of the game actually meet in a physical place.

oi, i suppose it´s the same rezzed as in Who's attending : REZZED - The PC and indie game show ( feat, DAYZ )

zombie overkill :D

Hopefully they will release a new version of their game in Desura. I am waiting for this for quite a long time now.

They will as soon as they have fixed all of the major bugs. The playable builds on the forums are test versions, so they don't want to put an unstable version out on Desura (or Steam, if Greenlight makes it).

The game's successfully been Greenlit, and should be on Steam as soon as 1.0 is finished. They're also making a new UI.

Before 1.0, we would like to play on a decent alpha 2.0 :) (I'm still waiting for a new version in Desura for nearly a year now).