Sign in to follow this  
=242= CPT. Helios

Long Inquiry - Want to design an INFANTRY hud mod.

This may have been posted before in little bits in threads somewhere, but I'm looking for a different kind of modification. I'm working on a science-fiction mod and I'm looking for a way to use the hud for the AH-64D to create a hud for infantry that includes a number of features including

Target Tracking.

Ammo Count.

Weapon Information.

Ability to toggle on and off Thermal Vision.

Ability to track teammate position by number.

Vector

Time of Day

Infantry Radar

I know that some of these are really hard. I'm not looking for hand-outs, I'm simply looking for whatever tools I might need to create a Mando or MFD style hud for infantry so that I can get started. I've managed to fiddle my way around basic scripts but I just need a way to get started. If anyone can point me to some tutorials for what I'm looking for that would be excellent, thanks.

Also, I know that some of you may disapprove of this mod style because it's not what you're into but this is something of a personal project of mine. Thanks for your consideration.

pretty much this would be like Land Warrior or Future Force Warrior?

maybe look at dialogs or the configs for the ah-64 to see if that helps

sorry i cant be more helpful, ive never tried stuff like this

Yeah it would be something like that. Sadly, since I've not done something like this before, I have no idea where to even put the thread so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.

Hi helios932,

Although I haven't got any code for you (there are MANY more talented people coding than me !) I think this is a GREAT idea.

You almost need an STHUD (from dsylexci) that shows enemies too but I havent a clue how you could modify the script.