Sign in to follow this  
El Giggi

Install OFP without the CD + General Questions

Hey,

I recently bought a second Laptop. Its a small IBM/Lenovo X60, which is more comfortable to carry around, than my 17,3'' Laptop.

Today I installed the OFP:CWC Demo und in runs very smoothly on highest settings. So I want to install OFP on it, since I still have the GOTY Version lying around here.

My Problem is: The x60 has no CD-ROM Drive. So how do I get the game on my machine? Is it possible to install it on my other laptop and than copy it via USB-Stick or SD Card on my x60?

General Questions: I quit playing OFP around 2003/2004. So I completly forgot all the mods and campaigns, which were released by then and I didn't follow the "scene" since then.

So can you recommend some good campaigns and mods? Are there any graphic-mods, which make the game look better?

thank you.

You could try sharing the CD-ROM from your computer and connect to it over LAN. This way you should be able to install the game and then patch up to the latest version which has the CD check removed.

Copying the setup files on an usb-stick might not work cause the setup looks for the game files on 3 discs.

So can you recommend some good campaigns and mods? Are there any graphic-mods, which make the game look better?

thank you.

Kegetys DXDLL:

49296_4t.jpg

Description:

This is the esteemed DXDLL from Kegetys, which enhances the graphics within the game through use of post-processing and by forcing trilinear filtering (because of this you'll need a GeForce 5 Series or above, or a Radeon 9 Series).

This replaces standard BIS files, so be sure to back them up (ones within /bin and /dat, mainly).

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;49296

Llaumax Sky Pack (1.1)

36131_2t.jpg

Description:

This pack contains all you need for a complete conversion of the Operation Flashpoint sky textures, weather effects, and night-vision goggles.

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Llaumax_Sky_Pack;36131

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-