Sign in to follow this  
hotshot0101

very bad performance and graphic bug while flying with latest ati drivers

i have done much work including tweaking bios but still no solution. thank you.:confused: all other games run flawlessly.

Please post your system specs, a more detailed description of the problem, and preferably an image or video that displays it. Right now, we can't help you at all.

Hey Hotshot,

I use a ATI Graphics card, post your problem in more detail and system specifications and I'll help :)

i used to have this problem on ground but i forgot how i fixed it. its a mess of polygons that fills the screen while looking in certain directions. i think this game needs an update. i have an hd 3850

Why don't you post the information I asked you for, rather than jumping to the conclusion that it's the game that has the problem? :confused:

if you are talking about the artifact problem,then a temporary fix is doing -flush in game. reverting catalyst driver back to 10.4/10.10, lower video memory settings and view distance in game might work,but not guaranteed.

the solution that helped me solve the problem is upgrading the OS to windows 7.

i used to have this problem on ground but i forgot how i fixed it. its a mess of polygons that fills the screen while looking in certain directions. i think this game needs an update. i have an hd 3850

With my 4890 (1GB) I solved that issue by selecting very high in the Video settings options video memory.

If you card is less than 512 you should use Normal.

I've had this very issue myself,

Firstly update your graphics to the latest set

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Secondly, check the graphics card is not over heating. This can be done in the CCC provided with any ATI Card. Right click on the desktop to access it.

And finally, try setting the ingame graphics video memory setting it to default and working your way up and seeing if it stops.

If the problem continues after all this comeback and I'll see what I can do :)

its a 512 mb card. when i tweak the video memory it fixes it temporarily and then it comes back. it happens on all video memory settings. i think i might try and revert back to older drivers like a few of you have suggested.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

can't revert back because ati doesn't clean up completely. it wont boot into windows and i have to use last working config.

reinstall drivers from safe mode. make sure you clean up the old ones (or newer ones in your case) properly before you install others on top

its a 512 mb card. when i tweak the video memory it fixes it temporarily and then it comes back. it happens on all video memory settings. i think i might try and revert back to older drivers like a few of you have suggested.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

can't revert back because ati doesn't clean up completely. it wont boot into windows and i have to use last working config.

Use Newer drivers, you stand more chance of the issue being solved. Are you using XP or Windows 7? Like Pufu has said boot into safemode and try to work from there.

i'm staying with the latest drivers. i'll wait for a game update or driver update.

i'm staying with the latest drivers. i'll wait for a game update or driver update.

Has the issue been solved then? :)