Sign in to follow this  
Stag

Progress...

SLRsorted.jpg

Next, with SUIT.

Got the papers in though. I think BIS will honour it if it was sent, otherwise they would have just told me no?

Time will tell.

heh i sent my papers....5 weeks ago and im still a few days away from getting it

As long As I get it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ May 21 2002,02:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Got the papers in though. I think BIS will honour it if it was sent, otherwise they would have just told me no?

Time will tell.<span id='postcolor'>

I hope so as well smile.gif

lets hope tommorow there will be some posting by a developer to clear this all up smile.gif

jesus how did u texture that so well with gmax?

It's a doddle once you know how. Before I was applying the texture directly to the part, but I came up against some problems yesterday, so I took drastic action (For me, anyway) and tried the tutorial.

Basically, select UVW mapping, select the Gizmo, and apply the texture to that. There are a few more steps, but that should get you started. smile.gif

It's model from add-on from counter-strike.

Cs have a very match new models (like add-ons in ofp).

No it's not. try to prove it with a screenshot, and I'll prove it isn't.

Another thing, I want an apology.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ May 21 2002,15:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No it's not. try to prove it with a screenshot, and I'll prove it isn't.

Another thing, I want an apology.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah don't sweat it. He's probably some 13yr old kid who has no clue how these addons are made and doesn't realize that weapon addons for different games will look very similar because they are often modelling THE SAME weapons.

But this forum is populated by a lot of kids as well as alot of idiots so I would let it go. I've messed a little bit with Milkshape so I know how difficult it is to make good 3d models. It definitely takes a lot of time and talent. It's too bad people don't realize that.

Keep up the good work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very nice model...wonder what side it will be for...resistance could use it...thought nato country's used the FAL in 1985 also

I am being dense!!!!

What rifle is that?

I only know and .22 and SA80 wow.gif

The weapon is an L1A1 Self Loading Rifle (SLR), which is the British version of the FN FAL. It was the standard service rifle for UK forces prior to the adoption of the SA80.

I intend to bung the weapons I've done on British troops, for a little campaign I've got in mind. But I guess there's no reason why the resistance couldn't have aquired some, in fact given the circumstances of the campaign, its a very good possibility.

wow.gif That's a very nice model! And the texture looks great.

Yep, could be a good weapon for resistance, the FAL is one of the most widely used AR's. I don't remember where i heard it, i know the FAL is full auto capable, but i think i heard somewere that the L1A1 is semi-auto only... is that true? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ May 20 2002,21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif That's a very nice model! And the texture looks great.

Yep, could be a good weapon for resistance, the FAL is one of the most widely used AR's. I don't remember where i heard it, i know the FAL is full auto capable, but i think i heard somewere that the L1A1 is semi-auto only... is that true?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Correct. the British and ANZAC versions could only fire semi-auto. FALs are pretty widespread, even today.

Latest addition to the family:

SLRSUIT.jpg

Cool... So, the L1A1 can have a SUSAT like the one in the SA80? Great! smile.gif

The Sighting unit attached to the SLR is a SUIT (Sight Unit, Infantry, Trilux). After a bit of research I found out it was issued to certain units in the Falklands War (Guards). By 1985, when the SA80 is trickling thorugh to the troops there should be a fair few around.

Next! smile.gif

L7A1.jpg

With an L42A1 and L96A1 to go.

Very very nice

(im assuming the second one is work in progress and that you havent just let your texturing skills go  wink.gif )

really thats some damn fine modeling/texturing smile.gif

and if you dont get the Oxygen Beta then perhaps you could contact someone who has it???

I've got a BEEE-Utiful image of both sides of the gun, but my bloody scanner's down. I think it's only the lead, otherwise it could get expensive. Think I should be able to get it skinned by tomorrow one way or other, but also looking for good images of the Stirling and Enfield L42 Sniper's Rifle.

Can you import gmax models to oxygen??? Know you dont have it yet its more like a general question

I don't know. Though I'm told its possible to send GMAX to Milkshake and from Milkshake to Oxygen.

Downsde: I downloaded my copy of GMAX, so no export feature. I also downloaded a copy of Milkshake, which is on a timer.

I may have to spend money to buy the apps that they come packaged with. wow.gif

Crazy, what?

Oxygen supports importing .3ds format models. You can export the model to .3ds and then import it into o2.

That way you can get that sweeeet gun going.

Thanks Mr. S, so at least I don't have to buy a Milkshake bundle. Still, gots a few weeks to go before Oxy arrives, by all accounts.

Can't help wondering though; other people have already got Oxygen. Why aren't more models available?