Sign in to follow this  
enad

Solution to Blob Trees?

So I thought I'd post this here too. I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the lovely blob trees OA brought us. It's when the trees in OA turn to blurry blobs from a certain distance after a bit of gameplay. Kinda like this, but normally worse crysis20100629172915.png

I've been noticing it much more often recently and I really have to ask...why? Why are these trees so blob-like..? Is there any fix? Why can't BIS just patch this issue already?

It's easily the most game breaking thing I've seen in OA, I don't get many bugs or crashes, but these blob trees bother me to no end. Totally ruins the immersion when I look around to see every single tree all blobby and blurry.

I don't know what causes it but they normally get worse over time.

Sometimes it ends up looking like this...

arma2oa2010110712220.png

That's when I feel like just closing out of the game and giving up. Why after a few minutes of gameplay do the textures go to 1998 standard?

You can check my specs in my sig they are well above what the game needs, so I don't think it's a problem with my GPU not being able to handle the textures.

So please if anyone know why this happens and how to fix it that would be amazing because it's easily the most annoying issue with OA.

Try setting the video memory either to very high or to default.

I have it very high, most settings are maxed.

@Gunter, that doesn't help, even if it did, the game looks real ugly without PP Effects.

Set it to 'default', worked for me.

Guess I'll try that.. :/