Sign in to follow this  
azz_er

Wise to use add-ons in Official Missions?

Hey guys,

Im interested in playing the official missions and campaigns and I was wondering if I'd have any problems if I used ACE, RWS, MMA and a few other squad mods/client side things?

Or would it be safer to just use no add-ons at all?

I would test it but I wouldnt want it to crash half way through a mission or something.

I usually get away with it.

But if I play Death From Above using ACE 2, there isn't a single Grad on the map. They just vanish.

@azz_er

Rws and mma no problems wenn you use them playing sp missions/campaigns. But ace could make problems this mod is not made for sp.

I think it is not wise and I would never do it myself.

There are too many bugs in official missions already without mods and using mods brings out even more. If something is not working just disabling that mod may not help, if mod has made thing that have been included to the latest save and will not return to normal state without full restart of the mission. I'm not only one thinking this way, since I have seen people with more than thousand posts saying mods like ACE are likely to create conflicts in missions that were designed way before they were in that state they are now and official missions are are very likely designed and tested completely without them.

Also I do not see any point using some mod that makes mission easier than it is designed to be for example by making healing or using missiles easier or something like that. To me it is just cheating. If someone wants mission to be easier, just lower your difficulty to Easy and you will also get better compatibility.

I do not see any point using some mod to add more realism either. There are so many things in official mission that are unrealistic by design anyway (for example Warfare function) and missions like Manhattan, Badlands or Dogs Of War should have been split in 2-3 separate missions to make them more stable and more reliable in Task triggering functions. So I do not see why someone would want to use some running fatigue function or anything that makes any official mission more nervebreaking or much harder work to complete. If you make your character to be able to sprint shorter times, what if AI enemy is running after you and this mod function is not slowing him down (yes been there done that - when I ran out of ammo in Payback). Such mods are clearly meant for multiplayer PvP or custom missions designed for them and I can see it as a very good thing to be used there.

This is just my opinion and I encourage to make your own decision, but if you get stuck on somewhere during mission or something is not working, at least I do not usually want waste my time replying to posts here on official mission that are likely to be caused because of using mods.

Also note that if you are using some mod and latest patch together, try to find out what is the last time that mod has been updated and is it still compatible with latest patch. The developers change gameplay functions slightly every now and then when releasing patches, so if some mod is not updated actively enough, it may bring on issues.