Sign in to follow this  
Steaksauce1337

Scene.sqs help please

I see what you mean Coder, but I have never done that. I've never called the init.sqf in the initintro.sqf, but if I don't call the initintro.sqf from a trigger in game or in the init.sqf then it just goes straight to the player! It never plays the intro. Maybe using a .sqf is the problem? When I making the camera scene I used a unit and put this in it's init:

this exec "camera.sqs";

Is it possible to use this instead?

this execVM "camera.sqf";

Besides, my camera is acting like Xeno's Domination intro. It spawns the camera in the mission, not the INTRO section.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Bigshot

P.S. I made the intro in Single Player INTRO section then copied/pasted them exactly using CTRL+SHIFT+V in the intro section of my Multiplayer mission.

Edited by bigshotking

Did it work in single player intro, and just not MP?

Camera.sqs actually calls camera.sqf which has the real scripts in it :)

If you have a way to share your test mission I could look at it.

Ok I'll throw together an example when I get home and post the DL link here.

Thanks for the help,

-Bigshot

Ok, I'll get back to you after I look it over.

Your mission works for the most part in SP, but no intro in MP, which I just want to make sure that was the question. I'm just learning MP myself, and through some exploring of missions and threads, I found that intro does not work in MP.

One small thing, when you preview an intro movie, make sure to take out the exec "init.sqs" from the unit's init line. I usually just cut & paste it into a description box so I don't have to retype it the next time.

This thread helped me for MP intros:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74617&highlight=multiplayer+intro&page=2

Most important is Shuko's post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1880974&postcount=14

Download his sample mission and look in the Description.ext. He shows how to do an intro in MP. It's not as simple as SP, but you can probably use his code with minimal changes. Basically it uses a paramArray that tells it to run an intro, and allows you to change the time of day after the intro runs, and it automatically clears the intro elements that are passed into the intro script. When you preview the mission in MP mode, you will see a "parameters" button near the middle on the bottom. You can turn the intro off and on with that.

Also, all of that goes into the mission, and I saw you indicated earlier that maybe you should put it into mission because it seemed to want to be there anyway :D Yep, that's true. I originally thought you were referring to SP when I read that. All that other stuff I wrote was in regards to SP only.

Just a side note, if you do make an intro for SP, you will want to add "endMission "END1";" at the end of the camera script.

Thank you for the help Coder, it is quite unfortunate that you can't make an intro in MP. But it's fine, again thanks for all your help!

-Bigshot