Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

British Armed Forces Mission 4: Mountain Lair will not end

Two times in a row, I have destroyed Base Zulu and the two other strongpoints, and everyone in them. Have called in all reinforcements. I then go down to the Zulu base, where some of the BLUFOR units are waiting. The mission never ends. What should I do now, or is this another poorly-designed trigger in the mission?

The destroy base Zulu and Coordinate attack objectives are still both incomplete. I even used satchels and NLAW rockets to destroy the Zulu HQ, barracks, light vehicle factory, and vehicle resupply station, all with no effect. The mission will not end, with no clue as how to make that happen.

The first time through, I got no radio message that the attack had any problems. The second time, one of the Warmonger choppers was shot down, and the armor unit from the east had to turn back. Both times, the mission would not end.

Any ideas? I'm not looking for hints or spoilers, just if anyone else has seen this behavior, and perhaps some ideas as to whether this is cockpit error (most likely) or a mission design flaw.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Never mind. After having driven all over the place and not finding any enemy alive, I took an NLAW and shot it at the empty T-72 near the (now destroyed) light factory. Then, the ONE remaining enemy in the distance near the NW strongpoint opened up on me. After dispatching him, all objectives completed, and, alas, BAF was over. Great, but very short indeed. Now on to the scenarios.

Edited by OMAC

Yes, when a mission doesn't end, it's most likely a hiding enemy that you have missed. It's very easy to miss someone that is lying down and not firing, especially at night.

The scenarios are great, except for the one with the UAV. The UAV is badly broken and almost impossible to use (at least it was back when I last played that mission, maybe it's been fixed now?). But the other scenarios are all very well done, though some are very short. I think they are mostly intended to introduce and let you figure out how to best use all the different pieces of equipment that is available. Though the final scenario can be quite a challenge!

Thanks for the info. I was quite disappointed about how short the BAF campaign was. With such a short campaign, the time spent designing all those awesome new weapons and vehicles seems somewhat wasted.

The Jackal vehicle was fun, but obviously what is needed with all those insurgents around is an armored, covered vehicle with kick ass guns, like a Stryker or something, and not an open-topped death-trap dune buggy like the Jackal in which you and your crew can get popped by anyone with an AK.

I've played through all of A2, OA, PMC, including all scenarios, and now I'm done with the BAF campaign, and not once has there been an opportunity to fly a fixed-wing warplane, and it seems like not all APCs have been used, either. Am I missing something?

It's a bummer trying out those awesome tracked APCs in the BAF showcase, and never getting to actually use them in a fight. Hopefully I'll get to try them out in the scenarios.

Yes, I heard about the broken UAV. I hope it's been fixed.

______

Edit:

I'm playing Morning Dew now, and am miffed that all you get to use is a light MG with killer recoil and only a poor red dot sight. You cannot get into any vehicles to use them. Again, all one needs to make things easy in any BIS Arma 2 game is a sniper rifle with thermal scope. It seems that much of the difficulty in BIS games is related to what crappy weapons or vehicles you are limited to. BIS has designed extremely effective weapons and vehicles, but they make things hard and frustrating by limiting you to open-topped and weakly armed vehicles or crappy assault weapons. But hey, ya gotta love it all.

Edited by OMAC

I have had this happen to me in BAF during "Mountain Lair".

I do believe that the T-80 should be removed from the list of "targets" to be taken out in the base as it is not manned by anyone. Should it be, then it needs to be taken out. Hmm... odd, right?

Anyway, thanks for the info, OMAC.

Two times in a row, I have destroyed Base Zulu and the two other strongpoints, and everyone in them. Have called in all reinforcements. I then go down to the Zulu base, where some of the BLUFOR units are waiting. The mission never ends. What should I do now, or is this another poorly-designed trigger in the mission?

The destroy base Zulu and Coordinate attack objectives are still both incomplete. I even used satchels and NLAW rockets to destroy the Zulu HQ, barracks, light vehicle factory, and vehicle resupply station, all with no effect. The mission will not end, with no clue as how to make that happen.

The first time through, I got no radio message that the attack had any problems. The second time, one of the Warmonger choppers was shot down, and the armor unit from the east had to turn back. Both times, the mission would not end.

Any ideas? I'm not looking for hints or spoilers, just if anyone else has seen this behavior, and perhaps some ideas as to whether this is cockpit error (most likely) or a mission design flaw.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Never mind. After having driven all over the place and not finding any enemy alive, I took an NLAW and shot it at the empty T-72 near the (now destroyed) light factory. Then, the ONE remaining enemy in the distance near the NW strongpoint opened up on me. After dispatching him, all objectives completed, and, alas, BAF was over. Great, but very short indeed. Now on to the scenarios.

I have had this happen to me in BAF during "Mountain Lair".

I do believe that the T-80 should be removed from the list of "targets" to be taken out in the base as it is not manned by anyone. Should it be, then it needs to be taken out. Hmm... odd, right?

Anyway, thanks for the info, OMAC.

You're welcome! :)

well, I just passed this mission, its also the last mission

there is a uh-1 chopper in the zulu base, dont destory it,

in the end, take three of your men as your gunner,

you can just fly around the base serval times, the enemy left should be spotted by ai,

elimate all targets the mission end