Sign in to follow this  
aspire

ArmA 2 OA Performance Issues since 1.59

Since patch 1.59 I am having pretty bad performance issues. Everytime I drive in any kind of vehicle the game itself isn't actually lagging, but it seems like the car goes slow and then instantly goes fast again and does that all the time.

I already set all graphics to normal, before 1.59 (on 1.57) I could run High graphics without problems, and now on 1.59 even after flushing it wont stop.

Using a Nvidia GeForce GT240M (Yes playing arma2 on a laptop, ran good until 1.59) with the absolutely newest drivers.

Full Specs:

Acer Aspire 5739G

Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6500 2.1 GHz

4 GB RAM

15.6" HD LED LCD

320 GB Hard Drive

Don't complain about how bad the system is, because like I said, it ran good until 1.59.

It`s been said numerous of times ,that a HDD defragment is recommended after applying a patch.

Too true.

Use contig if you dont want to defrag whole drive, every time i put something in the arma2 folder i run contig.

Its easy to do:

download contig

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897428

Place the exe in your arma2 folder, then right click on it choose send to > Desktop (create shortcut).

Lets presume you have arma2 installed in the following directory

C:\IMATOTALNOOBWHENITCOMESTOCOMPUTERSANDWOULDRATHERWASTEMYTIMEPOSTINGONFORUMSTHANMANUP_USESOMELOGIC_ANDSORTMYOWNPROBLEMSOUT\ArmA 2

You would right click on the new desktop shortcut and edit the target field so it reads

C:\IMATOTALNOOBWHENITCOMESTOCOMPUTERSANDWOULDRATHERWASTEMYTIMEPOSTINGONFORUMSTHANMANUP_USESOMELOGIC_ANDSORTMYOWNPROBLEMSOUT\ArmA 2\Contig.exe" -s *.*

Then double click it, make sure command prompt has administrative rights.

Edited by xmongx

I just defragged the entire hard drive, problem is still there.

Any USEFUL suggestions? Cause defragmentation didn't help crap and the problem is still there.

try disabling atoc in the config file, its the most common 1.59 prob

i had the same probleme with arma gold , arma 2 ,arma OA

and i tryed to run steam in administrator and it work !

thanks DWARDEN