Sign in to follow this  
celery

Do I have FADE?

I've lately had to test an mp mission myself, and every time I connect to a server hosted by myself in another Arma 2 process, I get the degrade message. Does that mean that FADE has now triggered in my game?

HAX!

OnTopic: I believe that fade can also be triggered for a LAN session only. A long while ago I tried running a game LAN with my brother, and we both had the FADE message. There was no noticable effect during, or after the match. Therefore I think it was only triggered during that match only, but not advanced enough to have any noticable effect.

You should try going online into a server, and see if you also have that message.

PS. ArmA 2 was only 7 euro on steam or so, so we decided to purchase a second version of the game, after that I experienced no problems at all.

You are probably running 2 ArmAII clients, so there is no way to avoid double id check. You should disconnect from the Internet or block the name resolution for gamespy domain. Read here and here, and the ticket #3445 at CIT.

No idea about FADE.

I'd be very surprised if you had FADE, considering its not in the game.

And you got that information from where?