Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Sound Mod Advice

Now before I get started here let me say I know there's a vast amount and variety of sound mods out there for everyone's taste, yadda-yadda-yadda.

I'm looking for a sound mod unlike the normal "sounds better than vanilla" approach. I want something where I can really hear the thud, booms, bass, cracks, "thwacks", and especially the "whirs" of incoming ordnance. I want something that covers ArmA 2, OA, BAF, and PMC (but who really cares about them anyway). I want cars, guns, explosions, mounted guns, aircraft, tanks - the whole kit and caboodle. With the risk of sounding weird; give it to me.

Just let me know what your favorite is as long as it contains aforementioned criteria, and most importantly, why.

I want something where I can really hear the thud, booms, bass, cracks, "thwacks", and especially the "whirs" of incoming ordnance.

JSRS has the most bombastic and terrifying sonic cracks and impact sounds of any mod.

Of course, I'm not sure what sorts of ordinance are supposed to "whir," and what should be making "thud" noises.

But when the final version comes out all DLC will be covered, and vehicles are receiving special attention.

+1 for JSRS

JSRS's cracks scare me to death everytime. Also, the shots in the distance are very well done, AKs sound very unique.

JSRS sounds very nice, but are there vehicles and explosions added yet? The standard explosions sound like I'm listening to them through an old hallway or something.

Yeah, you can hear the tracks clickin' on the BMP for example. Not sure if he really changed all the vehicles though. Explosions were good too afaik.

to be honest RWS is also quite good, sonic cracks are loud, although I'm not sure if they are as loud as JSRS's ones, but the weapon sounds are almost all recorded, except for the Opfor weapons that you can't get your hands on easily, but even then the non-recorded sounds still sound good, although I just use Sound of Anders since it doesn't seem to pop up many errors, plus the weapons sound good, and vehicle weapons.

Also some vehicle sounds are covered, such as HMMWV, AH-64, Bradley and Abrams, and a couple more. JSRS is also very good, really smooth, there is just a few errors though, but the main reason I don't use RWS or JSRS is they don't cover L111A1, L2A1, or HK GMG sounds, which my clan use alot.

In the end though the sound mod that covers vehicles the most is JSRS, you seem like you really want vehicle sounds so if I were you I would go with that, I am holding out for 1.3 ;)

I've mixed the Super + Subsonic cracks from RWS which are godly, and put them in with JSRS and ACE 2 SM. You have to experiment and mix mods together to make what you want, its not going to come immediately. If everyone on this forum worked on a BIG sound project, then yes... it could be practically flawless. But hey, check out Chammy's Sound mod v3. Its quite out of this world from a video recorded point of view, it would compete in realism for sure.