Sign in to follow this  
fatty86

Add radar for BTR-90 gunner/driver

Currently, most if not all OPFOR vehicles from both ArmA2 and OA have a radar display for the commander, the gunner, and the driver.

In the Russian BTR-90, the commander has a radar, but the driver and gunner do not.

Please add a radar for the driver and gunner. Even if it doesn't display enemy units, I'd like to be able to see turret and commander azimuth relative to the course of the vehicle.

Turret azimuth indicator is something that only tracked vehicles currently have. So the BMP-2 and Abrams has it, but the LAV-25 does not.

Yeah, looks like the LAV-25 driver/gunner is missing it too. Other wheeled vehicles like the BRDM and the Strykers seem okay, probably because the gunner and commander are the same person.

So far these vehicles/crew positions do not have radar:

BTR-90: driver/gunner

BTR-60: gunner

LAV-25: driver/gunner

I would rather go for a solution that is to remove the radar from all vehicles that do not have a real radar.

The "radar" basicaly is a leftover back from the times no vehicle had TI.

The better solution is to add TI to gunner sight for LAV-25 and BTR-90.

But unfortunately BI did state already that there will be no further rework of old ArmA II units.

Edited by Beagle

But unfortunately BI did state already that there will be no further rework of old ArmA II units.

Really? I must have missed that, can you point me to where please?

Really? I must have missed that, can you point me to where please?
No I can not, it was in some of the beta patxh discussions. it is burried now under hundreds of posts but I remember it very well. There will be no rework of ArmA Unit to OA standard. Changes might happen (and have happened) but only on casual level.

This was most discussed because of the lack of TI in T-90, BMP-3 and BTR-90.

Edited by Beagle