Sign in to follow this  
Joe98

A great little fight!

OR: I love it when a plan comes together

I do not have Arma 2. I only have Operation Arrowhead.

I am enjoying the “My Missionsâ€

My squad was tasked with destroying a “high value targetâ€. This was an enemy ammo truck guarded by only a few enemy.

The enemy parked the truck about 150 meters from a clump of trees. There was open ground all around. We would have to approach from the clump of trees.

Red Team is a 2 man MG team.

Blue Team is a 2 man rifle team

And there is also myself and a medic

I placed Blue team on Stealth. I had Red team provide cover while Blue team moved into the clump of trees.

Then with Red team on stealth, Blue team provided cover while Red team moved into the clump of trees.

I had the medic provide cover to the rear and I moved into the clump of trees.

I must have moved too quickly as the enemy spotted me and opened fire.

I took cover behind a rock and could not see what was going on!

My men were set at 3-2 “Hold Fire – the squad will attack an enemy deemed to be an immediate threat. Either very close or firing in your directionâ€

All my men returned fire and the firing stopped after only a few seconds. I looked up and all the enemy were dead.

All my men reacted as they were supposed to.

I concluded the enemy were poorly trained and were not keeping watch in our direction. Also, under fire, they stood up to gain a better position when they should have gone prone.

Question: After the firing stopped, should we have moved away quickly or should we wait a bit in case some more enemy are around?

-

replay it with Difficulty set to Expert, the Opfor AI might be a bit snappier then.

----snipp----

Question: After the firing stopped, should we have moved away quickly or should we wait a bit in case some more enemy are around?

-

I'd set my guys up in cover, for overwatch, and, afther a quick check of the area, i'd set a democharge on the truck, with a timer on, and moved away.

When in "safety" of the trees again, i'd recall the rest, and set course out of the area.

Since your objective was to attack and destroy a target, after neutralizing all known targets in the area you should have assaulted through to the truck, set up a consolidated 360 to watch for more contacts while somebody set a timed/remote charge, then hauled ass back into the tree line in order to set off the charge. Another thing you could have done, which is similar to what Noraf said, is have fireteam Alpha run up to the truck, set up a hasty 180 on one side of the truck, and have fireteam Bravo in the trees providing overwatch while Alpha planted the charge.

oh man.. when i read those posts i want to play again ;)

i love Arrowhead!

Same here haha, I love these awesome moments!

Incidentally trucks often catch fire if you riddle them with small arms fire (especially MG's), so you don't always need to get up real close.

Same here haha, I love these awesome moments!

do you also get this feeling in your stomach and a little goosebumbs ?

so much fun!

:bounce3::bounce3:

In that situation I would have moved to a fall back position and scouted around for any stragglers.

I do like the execution moments too, I had similar situation where I was pinned down behind a wall and next thing I know RPG flying over my head, explosions all over the place ... I got up ... lots of smoke about, no enemy .... thanks team AI :ok:

do you also get this feeling in your stomach and a little goosebumbs ?

so much fun!

:bounce3::bounce3:

This, ALOT of this!!! :D