Sign in to follow this  
msimon

Apache weapons wont lock

So im in an Apache with a gunner (AI) and i cant seem to lock onto anything with cannon, keep pressing tab and still he doesn't aim, the hellfire missiles are a hit and miss as well.

cant seem to find whats up, oh and im using manual fire but cancel manual fire is the same.

Bet i am doing something wrong.

Patch 1.57

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

never mind it only seems you can only lock onto stuff with AI driving it.

Bad man driving a car+hellfire=bye bye

Car with no AI= no fun

i tend to blow everything up i see lol, nvm

You cannot tab-lock with the cannon (maybe air targets). Disable manual fire and the gunner will use the cannon (via its FLIR) monitor on his own.

Thx poorOldspike

is it possible to manual fire at infantry with cannon, tried and failed but when AI has control then he fires at the infantry.

Thank you guys for your time.

also didn't get your first post Flattermann but thanks for double post.;)

Scroll down to 'The AH-64D Apache gun' here for a series of screenshotted tests that I did-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forumdisplay.php?123-Armed-Assault-II

A couple of samples-

Player as pilot-

AApof.jpg

Your gunner opens up as soon as he sees the enemy-

AA-pun.jpg

And now let's be the gunner-

AAsde.jpg

Hit 'N' for DTV (Daylight TV) view and swivel the chin gun almost 360 degrees with mouse movement, the gunfire will go wherever the crosshairs are pointing-

AA-pof.jpg

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Yesterday, I played on XR-Hotshots Warfare and my Apache AI Gunner could lock and kill targets with the gun and the cannon.

Yep did exactly that PoorOldSpike earlier but the pilot goes to sleep and descends and sometimes crashes.

Edit.......this was with gunner as playable, but i guess one cannot have both so i guess a mission for a gunner is needed, of to the editor oh wepee

Edited by msimon

I don't get it why someone hasn't already posted how to manually fire on infantry.. so I will tell you how:

start as pilot and set manual fire, now the thing with manual fire is that the Gunner still has to see and discover enemy for you, so basically you cannot target anything unless the AI Gunner knows that the target is there.

so.. fly close to enemy infantry and when the ai gunner starts saying targets left right and so on, just hit the number 2 on top row and select a target from the list, then the gunner will lock onto that target and now when you press fire you are firing at this target. but the gunner will not engage automatically so that's how you are in control.

to manually "discover" a target at far range just point on the target and right click. this takes some getting used to however since the right click also brings up secondary sights..

Good luck and if you need more advices or tutorial please send a pm to me.

ScareCrow

Scandinavian Task Force

(we're still recruiting)

My first tutorial video on land navigation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKCjFGaMA7Y

brilliant ScareCroweb realy helpfull thankyou.