Sign in to follow this  
peeps

Making models

I was messing around with Gmax and low and behold i have made myself a P38 Lightning.

All i've got is the basic model and i was wondering where i was meant to go from there? What do i need to do to it?

Also in what format do u send ur example models to BIS and what is the email address coz im wanting to use this to get me oxygen?

Mmmmmmmmm the lightning.

CFS2 above an OFP island .... *starts dreaming*

With WW2 pacific skins that might even workout realy good

You sure you made it?

Gmax comes with an example P-38 model, for Flight Simulator 2002.

Plagerism is bad..very bad..

yes yes very bad

i messed around with lightwave once and it crashed biggrin.gif

i made a lightning to, its in the tutorial of GMAX, so dont give him a hard time when hes just starting modeling

i just started modeling today, so far i like it

yes, i did use the GMAX tutorial to make the model, but i never said i didn't. I started modeling yesterday and im just wondering what the next step is.

Some people really have no trust biggrin.gif

edit:im actually simply learning the steps i need to take so i can apply them to other models that i intend to make (i don't no what they r yet tho)

edit2:what is the name of address of that website with all the pictures of vehicles and planes? whats BIS email address and what do i need to put in it to try and get oxygen?

Uhh..well..honestly I don't think you'll have a standing change at getting the O2. I don't agree with their tactics at filtering out talent, but without a track record I don't think you even qualify. I'm new at modeling too. I cant seem to get any program (other than Milkshape) to keep textures and groups together without flipping the models around and resizing them. I think it's safer at this time to use Milkshape. I don't want to say too many good things about it . I don't exactly care for the controls on it for one thing, but the thing does work with original demo models and thats a step above the rest right there.

Maybe the wait for everyone to get it won't be too long. I think I'll be in the Army by that time though sad.gif

well thats just shocking mad.gif

whats the email address anyway, ill have an effort.

Also what am i meant to do with my model now? Its untextured and sitting in its .gmax form

I've never used gmax, so I don't know how to texure models in it. But that's what you should do.

Try and find some texturing tutorials at http://www.3dlinks.com

Anyway, check here for info on Oxygen:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;t=7280

And Diniter: I didn't even show any screens of models that I have made, and I still got accepted tounge.gif

hello fellow friends, im new 2 the modelling industry, and iwant to learn how to actually make half-decent models, ive got lightwave but ineed advice or good tutorials to help me say modeling cars, jeeps, planes, helicopters etc.

hope u can help,

Craig "Sevled/Opul" Delves.

fas.org

you should try to get the blueprints of anything you are making and set it as the background, it helps a lot

www.3dlinks.com don't have any tutorials that i can find. Anyway, once the p38 is textured what do i do 2 it?

GMAX has its own tutorials available from the same place as your original download As for what you do with yor P38 now:

Buy Flight Sim 2002. You'll be able to fly it in that sim with a wee bit more work. Can't give you any more details because I don't have FS2002.

wardog im talking about what i shud do next to get it working in operationflashpoint. I no i need oxygen i simply want to no what i need to do to get it to the stage in which everything is done apart from the bit where u need oxygen. It doesn't have things like gears done, the textures are not done, nothing moves, it has no propellors. How do i do all of these.

Make the propeller models, finish all the models. Propellers, landing gears and so on. The animation bit is done in Oxygen.

i've now made a YAK28 FIREBAR just to prove that im not cheating using that p38 model. biggrin.gif

When other people show u there models they always have a gray model on a black background. How do i get it 2 look like that?