Sign in to follow this  
Gill85

Need help, cant install, frustrated

Before i get into details heres the journey ive been having just to play this game

*-Skip to the next paragraph if you dont care-*1st I went to gamestop and asked them or oder it from another gamestop (the only copy they have in my state) and they dint call like they said they would so a week later i go there. They told me the gamestop dint send it yet... So after suffering for a week (because i was dieing to play this game) i decided to cuss em out and buy a digital copy. Now that i bought it the digital copy this thing doesent work so i called gamestop and they gave me a website that should help.... In 24-48 hrs..... So i said ___ it i wont be able to get my refund for the game tomorow.. Please help

This is whats going on, i downloaded (the digital copy) perfectly but when i try to install it, it says

0 C:\Users\Public\Downloads\ArmAllOA.Data.001

1 "CRC failed in 'OperationArrowhead\Expansion\Addons\weapons_e.pbo.gz'.File is broken"

I have no idea what it means.. I dont know anything about computers.. I just wana play the game and be done.

Anyhelp is apriciated.. Tnx guys

Edit: The funny thing is my friend and his brother bought digital copys, one dint work because his computer needed some chip.. The other one worked fine.. Ridiculous man -.-

Edited by Gill85

The download was corrupted, hence File is broken, re-download it again to get it working :)

i tried downloading it 2x already my man

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

And i cant keep downloading it man it takes about 2 hrs each download

A wargame will have minimal data so I always buy via a download.

This type of game has a lot of data so I always buy the disk.

-

A regular game wouldint be bought using my money

Realistic games like arma 2 will be

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Pleaseee help im dieing to play

Hi all

Best and IMHO only place to buy as an online download is in the top navigation bar on the right side button entitled [store] of this very forum.

It leads to BIS's own online publisher Sproket.

Does what it says on the tin. Works.

After that Steam.

I can not speak for any other digital supplier. Can you tell us the name of your supplier then some one from BIS can chase it up for you.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

..Before i get into details heres the journey ive been having just to play this game...

Just to get it clear, you're talking about OA, right?

Or AA2 or Combined Ops?

Did you use a download manager like free download manager to download it?

Just to get it clear, you're talking about OA, right?

Or AA2 or Combined Ops?

Yeah Operation Arrowhead

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

And it has a install wizard but its its own version or something, ive never seen in.. But everyone saying the file's corrupt.. Ima just call gamestop and get my refund cuz they obviously cant sell games right unless its in the stores close to you.. Then ill try to buy it off of here like that guy said, But tnx guys.. (Better to get a refund while i can)

Personally I often seemed to have trouble with downloads (of any game), so nowadays I always try to get a boxed disk version, they always seem more reliable and easier to work with.

I bought of sprocket, all was well except there was a missing registry file that I had to add that would make OA recognize my A2 install and let me run CO, besides that there were no problems.

guys I get this error but I bought a physical copy of the game. Am I screwed now or what?

Might sound silly to ask, but you've tried installing it multiple times, yes? Did they all come up with the same error? If so, where did you buy it from? Contact them and ask for help with the problem as, unfortunately, we here can't do anything about it.