Sign in to follow this  
tryteyker

Making my first own mission

Hello,

I've decided to start off with a real mission now, not those easy patrol missions I made before.

I thought about some kind of sniper mission, with the army taking over the enemy base afterwards, and a simple Heli extraction.

So, I've set up the units. The objective is to kill the enemy officer inside the city.

At the end, after I killed the officer, I want two Helicopters and a ground army to attack the city and kill every OPFOR inside.

A helicopter would come and extract me, the sniper, at the same time.

Problem:

The trigger and waypoints won't synchronize. During the time I've to shoot the officer, he'll probably move away.

I've to keep the trigger as small as possible, so the system realizes that the condition is, is the officer alive or not.

//Edit: The trigger won't work at all, even if I use the Synchronize tool on the waypoint, and the group tool on the enemy officer, the Air units and ground units will move in before he's dead.

I'm wondering if this would work inside the trigger:

((!alive unit2)

The Officer would be named unit2, and the trigger would check if unit2 is alive. I'm not sure if that would work though.

Also, another problem are the helicopters.

If I use this:

[Name_of_Heli] flyinheight [height]

The Helicopter will start on the ground, even if I used that in the init of the Helicopter.

So far, those are the only problems I encounter. I'll update this post if I got more problems.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tryteyker

The Helicopter will start on the ground, even if I used that in the init of the Helicopter.

i'm really not an expert, but the first thing that comes to my mind is to set the status to flying ;)

((!alive unit2)

In condition field:

!Alive unit2

Name_of_Heli flyinheight height;

Without []

And set chopper's status to "Flying"

I am on my first mission too. For scripting you need to refer to this page in the wiki and make sure you follow the correct syntax for each command:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Topics

Have you worked out how to do intros yet? If not try here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82020&page=3

I just spent 3 very frustrating nights learning it. Watch the youtube videos and then look at my tutorial and the example mission.

I made a good intro for the mission now, however, if I completed the mission, the outro isn't playing correctly. The music and stuff is playing, but not the little video I made for the Outro.

So, I've set up the units. The objective is to kill the enemy officer inside the city.

At the end, after I killed the officer, I want two Helicopters and a ground army to attack the city and kill every OPFOR inside.

not to knock your idea but my first thought is this.....why not just blow the whole city up in the first place once you know he is in the city. why would you snipe the officer and then blow the city up? would you not spot the officer (to confirm he is in the city) then call the airstrike - and not put the sniper in danger?

I revamped the mission, now BLUFOR is blowing the city up and OPFOR is launching a attack on the city afterwards.

Only problem is the outro, it won't play correctly.