Sign in to follow this  
crazyrobban

Visible lasers possible?

I've done some searching, but I haven't found anything.

And my question is: Is there an add-on that allows for weapons to have the laser visible without nvg's, or at least to have the range-finder dot in conjunction with a weapon?

I take it that the laser that's visible when using nvg's is just a texture that only appears when using nvg's, so it should be possible to alter the texture to make it visible without them?

Why? Because it would look awesome with black-ops with gas masks and mp5's with lasers all over the place! :D

Somehow connected with that ... does anyone know how to make tracer ammo visible at daylight, too?

No one?

I'm gonna roll up my sleeves and go through the OA pbo's and try to find the laser. Maybe I can create my very first addon. :-P

Sounds great crazyrobban! Sorry I can't be more of help. I'll give you encouragement (which I have in plentiful supply!)

I think I'm looking for laserbeam.p3d, but I can't find it.

I'm using the unpbo tool, and by looking at the wiki, it's supposed to be found in "ca\ca_e\data\laserBeam.p3d" but when I look inside the ca.pbo's it's nothing or the laserbeam.p3d isn't there..

I have some experience with 3d studio max, so, when/if I find the p3d model, I'm going to give it a shot. Baking it into a pbo and making it work... well... that feels far away at the moment.

Thanks for the encouragement though ;-)

I think I'm looking for laserbeam.p3d, but I can't find it.

I'm using the unpbo tool, and by looking at the wiki, it's supposed to be found in "ca\ca_e\data\laserBeam.p3d" but when I look inside the ca.pbo's it's nothing or the laserbeam.p3d isn't there..

Check expansion\addons\ca_e.pbo

laserbeam.p3d is in there ;)