Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Major suggestions

Vote for best suggestion!  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for best suggestion!

• More voices (Steve is hit!, tracks hit we can't move now!...)
    • Bleeding & replace wound textures with better ones
    • Bullets repeling
    • Rotating hands in cars and bikes
    • More dead animations
    • Better shadows in original ARMA II Models
    • Better Artifical Inteligence
    • Shooting while dying (Presented in most of films, in game Call Of duty modern warfare...)
    • Fully working 3D Editor with it's entry in menu

[7*] Make better AI

They sometimes "stuck". So I standing beside to the enemy when he lying and he just standing and looking. What about to make them more inteligent?

It really kills the immersion factor when an AI squad is being fired on at range by say a tank or anything else for that matter and they dont:

A) Find some cover

B) Take evasive maneuvers

C) HIDE

Sometimes they will just run around into the kill zone or stand around when their squad is getting shot to heck.

Edited by TeAcH

Next suggestions:

1) Covering system (like in Rainbox Six)

2) CQB battles (learn AI to be dangerous in buildings, eg. man with RPG in building will destroy tanks etc...)

3) intimidate fire - shooting while running

4) more animations - run-up, animation when you're hit, anim when you stop from sprinting (nice example in GTA IV)

5) some details - perspiration after sprinting, dirt when lying in mud, wet after the swimming,...

6) fix some bugs like - When the tank hit you, you flies a very long distance -that's ok but the weapon is flying next to the you!

7) Change editor (generally for both 2D and 3D editors) - add possiblity to change weapons + ammo even without any scripting, add possiblity to be in empty vehicle even without any scripting

8) fix the bug when you're in real-time editor and they kill you - then I see only red, and when I will roll back to editor I still see the red and hear the sad music :P. As well as when you're killed and you switch to next playable character I still see the red+music.

Some of the points may be difficult to make with this 10 years old engine...

I would have liked to see options for:

9) Engine/AI optimization

10) Tanks and vehicles to get more attention and fixes

11) Net code optimization

12) More optimization

13) Even more optimization

Next suggestions:

1) Covering system (like in Rainbox Six)

Rainbox six doesn't have covering system....ahhh, you mean the recent console ports, wrongfully named r6?

2) CQB battles (learn AI to be dangerous in buildings, eg. man with RPG in building will destroy tanks etc...)

That is because overpressure has no effect in tight spaces...

3) intimidate fire - shooting while running

suppresion anyone? who qould you intimidate in a game? i am sure the general result would be to be laughed at

4) more animations - run-up, animation when you're hit, anim when you stop from sprinting (nice example in GTA IV)

There is always a cookie like yourself bringing GTA 4 back into play...

5) some details - perspiration after sprinting, dirt when lying in mud, wet after the swimming,...

because that surely goes under major suggestion

6) fix some bugs like - When the tank hit you, you flies a very long distance -that's ok but the weapon is flying next to the you!

how often do you see a tank shooting sabot rounds center mass into infantry? Other than that, yes, an adittional layer of physics would be mostly appreciated.

7) Change editor (generally for both 2D and 3D editors) - add possiblity to change weapons + ammo even without any scripting, add possiblity to be in empty vehicle even without any scripting

It isn't that hard to use 2 lines of code for this one

8) fix the bug when you're in real-time editor and they kill you - then I see only red, and when I will roll back to editor I still see the red and hear the sad music :P. As well as when you're killed and you switch to next playable character I still see the red+music.

3d editor is not fully implemented, and i don't think it will be in the current installment

Some of the points may be difficult to make with this 10 years old engine...

It seems that everyone on those forums is an expert in terms of game engines, which is pretty damn cool in the end? So many technical savy people, where were you when i needed one? Which engine would you suggest BIS should use instead? GTA 4 one?

Edited by PuFu

It seems that everyone on those forums is an expert in terms of game engines

Pretty much only those with join dates of 2010 or newer :rolleyes:

Pretty much only those with join dates of 2010 or newer :rolleyes:

sorry DM, by looking at your join date one can see that you are truly useless :rolleyes:

Which engine would you suggest BIS should use instead? GTA 4 one?

I want CryTek engine 2 (it's better than 3)

I have my doubt that CryEngine 2 (or 3, for the matter) can handle seamless 220 km² terrain.

Axvyb.png

Edited by PuFu

Holy crap not the CryTek discussion again....

I feel like we're back in 2007 again when CryEngine 2 was all the rage. :D

Mate most of these arent major issues.... The bullet ricochet happens anyway and to be honest bodies tensing up and pulling the trigger isnt exactly an important feature.... In real combat I doubt it happens often at all...