Sign in to follow this  
dkosmack

Creating Patrols

Does anyone know how to make certain units patrol a specific area indefinately in the map editor? im new to the editor

thanks in advance for any answers

All you need to do is set up some waypoints for the group you want to patrol. Make the last waypoint a "cycle" waypoint and the group will repeat the waypoints indefinitely.

My pleasure, enjoy the game!!!!

To make patrols less predictable one can use the Search & Destroy waypoint instead of a Move waypoint, as the AI will then change direction several times while searching an area instead of moving on directly. One can also increase the radius of a waypoint and define varying pauses for units to take on completing the waypoint. Depending on the situation one can vary the speed and combatmode, eg enemies in a supposedly safe area being set to Safe behaviour and Limited speed.

Regards,

Sander

With the urban patrol you basically put a marker which is like a waypoint, but they patrol every area of that marker, so your not limited,

and the marker can be as big or as little as you want it.

Theres also the upsom script which I have yet to try but I know UPS works, its not hard to implement.

thanks to all who answered, appreciate it, ill give them some tries. im sure ill have more questions soon, im getting more involved with the editor but am new to it still. i think i spend as much time on here as i do in the editor.

thanks to all who answered, appreciate it, ill give them some tries. im sure ill have more questions soon, im getting more involved with the editor but am new to it still. i think i spend as much time on here as i do in the editor.

You should do a search for "mr murrays editing guide deluxe" it is any new mission editor or scripters first bible.

I learned my very first bits of arma from that guide, very extensive, covering many vital aspects in editing and scripting, from easy to advanced.