Sign in to follow this  
dust31

2 players with same IP can't connect

Hi

2 players (husband and wife) who bought 2 boxed versions of the game (each one has its own key) are not able to connect at the same time to my dedicated server. They can perfectly connect if the other is not connected but if one of them is on the second can't join.

Is there any parameter I missed? I know thats possible but can't figure out how...

thanks for your help

I haven't been able to try this with OA, but I'd say its the same as Arma2. I have two pcs behind the same external IP address and used to be able to do this no probs. Some times, however, the 2nd player to connect would get a "Connecting Failed" message. Restarting the DSL modem resolved this problem. Unfortunately I cant recall what caused it.

Check your router's firewall settings. My roommate and I connect and play on the same server at the same time without issues.

yeah designate both IP's in the firewall (router) to use the port, so for example if you are using computer 1 (192.168.1.101) your other computer has to be something like (192.168.1.102) however if you are using your box outside the DMZ it will use the same IP address (Provider) host. its probably due to your MAC ID on your router as well but not sure.

Does your router not have UPnP enabled?

It should automatically port forward for you when it's required.