Sign in to follow this  
mcarma

Is Arma 2 and OA still being developed, etc?

Antialiasing is a killer, greater than 100% 3D resolution is more efficient, particularly with your screen resolution, you could easily do 150% and not even notice any loss in performance. I presume this is why AA wasn't even an option in the original A2 release.

...non of you are named Zipper5; so thanks for your replys but the question wasn't directed at you.

Then send him a PM, posting in a public forum is inviting replies from all and sundry.

As Defunkt said, kill the Anti Aliasing. In ArmA it kills your performance with very little visual gain. Use 3D Resolution settings higher than 100% in it's place. Additionally the Post Processing settings changed a bit in OA, however since you don't use PP that's a non-issue. If you can't run Arrowhead smoothly enough on a gtx280 (I previously had a 260) then I'm at a loss.

they added transparent something in the last patch that is activated with the antialiasing setting, and it could be the performance reduce issue (?)

I want an Arma3, that looks close to the BF3 graphics

No, AA can drag down performance in general. That new vegetation effect activated by AA in the recent beta patches is an additional performance killer if you wish to turn it on.

...and the OA's settings that i had on the OA/CO were different:

- Texture Detail: High.

- Video Memory: High.

- Anisotropic Filter: Normal.

- Antialiasing: Normal.

- Terrain: High or Normal (don't remember).

- Objects Detail: High.

- Shadow Detail: High and Normal (tryed booth).

- Post Processing: Off.

- Interface Res: 1280x1024.

- 3D Resolution: " " ".

- View Distance: 2500m.

If these were your settings for :OA/:CO, then there should be entries for both HDRI (HDR quality) and Vertical Sync (Vsync). Check your NCP to make sure you are not over-riding (or disabling) in-game settings with a "global" value.

wipman - Any info on what graphics card you have? Because I have a very similar system to yours:

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics card: Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB

RAM: 2GB DDR2 RAM @ 800MHz

If you have a graphics card in the same-ish range as mine, I can fully guarantee OA performs at the level you wish it to because that's what it does for me on the following settings:

a2co_graphics_settings.jpg

And these are a few examples of how it performs:

Main menu on Desert: 60 FPS

Alone on Takistan: ~50 FPS

"From Hell" mission in the OA campaign: 20 - 40 FPS

Benchmark: ~30 - 40 FPS

For reference, I'm running Arma 2: Combined Operations at 1.58.78967 with both the BAF and PMC DLCs and no mods.

If you have a graphics card similar to mine, I'm sure you'll notice a (good) difference provided you're like me and regularly virus scan/defrag/clean registries & temporary files/format. ;)

Edited by Zipper5

Hi, i've a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1Gb, i don't remember if i had the HDR on Low or Normal too, but the Vsync was enabled, and the View distance was 2800 or 3000m, from time to time i step in a tank and like to shoot the AI before they shot to me; the PP was Off for sure and the AA was set to Normal, and yeah man.. i defrag the HD after install anything. Still don't know how it performed so bad back on the v1.54, the 4fps thing offended me very much; i may give it another chance once the v1.59 be an Official Patch and not a Beta or RC. Let's C ya