Sign in to follow this  
smookie

Custom reload animations

Hey,

I was curious if anyone has already worked out how to play different reload animations regarding the fire mode (i already animated m203 reloading animation and would like to introduce it config-wise, not script-wise).

would be something to do with .rtm files and changing the weapons.pbo config afaik

but im not sure

As i stated, .rtm files are already done. I tried reloadAction config entry in GrenadeLauncher class but it doesnt seem to work.

if you got a new gun config and added the reloadAction[] = "\path\to\my\animation.rtm

might work

Wow! An ArmA animator. Quick, chain him to a ring in the floor and set him to work immediately.

Don't know much (well, anything) about animations but the relevant config entry would apear to be handAnim[]...

class M16A2GL: M16A2 {
	handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\Ca\weapons\data\Anim\M16GL.rtm"};
};

...it's an array so I guess you can list multiple anims but it would appear in this case (since there's only one listed) the GL anims are bundled with the other movements, are yours?

Hopefully somebody who actually knows something will happen along soon.

Haha, I am no real animator, I just love to struggle with engine of BI games and see if I can get more out of it :)

What I am working on is basically a major animation replacement pack aimed solely at PvP fast paced game (meaning, instead of lamb-slaughter jogging into fight, you would quick-pace with your gun up, being able to throw nades faster or even quick jump through a fence).

Anyways,

class GrenadeLauncher : Default {
	cursor = "GLCursor";
	cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";
	cursorSize = 4;
	value = 3;
	type = 0;
	displayName = $STR_DN_GRENADE;
	reloadTime = 3.0;
	sound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\grenadelauncher_1", 0.001, 1, 400};
	reloadMagazineSound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\z_sinus", 3.16228e-005, 1, 1};
//		reloadAction = "ManActReloadMagazine";
	reloadAction = "ManActReloadMagazineGL";

This is what I looked into but this whole ManActReloadMagazine looks so OFP and not ArmA2 that I figure it doesnt work. Tried to follow it in this way

class RifleKneelActions : RifleBaseStandActions {
		stop = "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon";
		default = "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon";
		stopRelaxed = "AidlPknlMstpSlowWrflDnon0S";
		turnL = "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_turnL";
		turnR = "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_turnR";
		turnLRelaxed = "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_turnL";
		turnRRelaxed = "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_turnR";
		reloadMagazine[] = {"WeaponMagazineReloadStand", "Gesture"};
// added smk
		reloadMagazineGL[] = {"WeaponGLMagazineReloadStand", "Gesture"};

And then define it as a state

//added smk
	class WeaponGLMagazineReloadStand : Default {
//			file = "\ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\Sdr\wop\erc\stp\rld\rfl\AwopPercMstpSrldWrflDnon.rtm";
		file = "\smk_anim_test\smk_HandsGLReload.rtm";
		looped = 0;
//			speed = 0.4;
		speed = 0.65;
		mask = "handsWeapon";
		headBobStrength = 0.2;
		headBobMode = 2;
		rightHandIKBeg = 1;
		rightHandIKEnd = 1;
		leftHandIKCurve[] = {0, 1, 0.05, 0, 0.95, 0, 1, 1};
	};		

The game seems to ignore this (no wonders, I added this reloadMagazineGL[] myself) but I would just love to see this happen. As it is a gesture, I dont think one can actually playmove this so script work-around doesnt seem to be easy either.

handAnim[] refers to hand animation that defines the way the gun is being held (say if you have a gun with tactical grip, it would require a new hand_anim) by simply masking the hand animations.

Edited by Smookie

What I remember from making an m249 reload animation is that you can't easily make a new reload animation 'class' it was limited to rifle or machinegun. Using the gesture commands should be an easier option than complex config editing. All you need is a script that detects when you reload the grenade launcher, then using the playgesture command, have it play your animation.

It seems magazine reloadAction overrules weapon config, however it will not accept a custom entry such as reloadMagazineGL[] in the moves list. Will try to work around.

I understand it is possible to do it via script but I wanted to see if it can be coded via config.

EDIT: I checked that and I am afraid playGesture/switchGesture does not work (or I am doing something wrong).

Edited by Smookie

I thought I would post it here not to make another topic: I am looking for beta testers for my replacement/enhancement pack. Preferably cpp skills, but any help will do. PM me if you are interested.