Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

Wall fence snapping in Vis3

hi all ive made a load of different templates for my map of walls and fences for compounds.

I saw in the vis wiki that you can snap walls to correct them can any one tell me how its done as the wiki only says you can snap it after you have prepared it what is the way to go for both thanks all

From the vis manual

Snap Objects

Closes small gaps that can occur when placing objects like fences, walls.

NOTE: objects need to be prepared for snapping.

but there's no explanation of how to achieve this

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

I vaguely recall someone releasing a set of snappable somethings. If you can find that, I'd just ask the creator how they did it.

Sorry thats pretty vague, it can be done but I'm unsure what the limitations if any may be.

As far as i know... snappable wall and fence objects were used in Arma 1. In arma 2 there is no such function. I made my own walls snap but i don´t think there is a way to modify binarized arma2 objects this way since you have to add memorypoints via oxygen.

ok thanks guy's dam shame that guess a bit more tweaking then was going to use the world tools but could not see the ao stuff in there so done it by hand

OA stuffs aren't in wt since i've had no time to add them. But if someone did the work and export an object list to me i will include in the next release. Remember worlt tools plans to be a "collaborative tool". This is the reason for exportable object lists and so on.

Unfortunately i've had only few precious collaborations, that was promptly included and published.

If you make something useful, no matter how many objects you add, feel free to send them to me for larger sharing.

hi shezan ive got all the time in the world mate if you dont mind explaining how to get you what you need for WT ill give it a go to help out as be great to have the OA stuff in WT

hi shezan ive got all the time in the world mate if you dont mind explaining how to get you what you need for WT ill give it a go to help out as be great to have the OA stuff in WT

It's simple and well explained (i think) in the manual :)

Basically identify the real size of each fence piece you would place from OA by placing them manually into visitor one near the other, and take note of the coordinate difference.

like --x-- --x--

The 2 X are the centers. when the 2 objects snaps together take note of the difference of coordinate along X axis. This is the "real" size of the object.

At this point create a new object into world tools object management providing size, object name (\ca\buildings\blah blah... check other object for reference).

After doing this tell World Tools what is the default orientation of the object.

This means: when you place the object on the map it will assume an horizontal alignment - or a vertical one | ?

horizontal means 90°, vertical means 0°. Or 180/270 if the object has a face different from the other. You choose.

Finally if possile take a screenshot and click on the image box. It will automatically get your image from clipboard.

When you've compiled other stuffs (all reported in the manual) remember to SAVE object template and then make an EXPORT of object templates.

That's all :)

thanks shezan had only had a quick look at world tools so have not used it more than a couple of times so have not produced nothing with it yet but as i compile my map ill use and save it

thanks again also gone from knowing nothing about map making to what i know now through 4 weeks of reading tuts and trial and error so its been a steep learning curve sorry for my lack of knowledge just getting my head round every thing im lika a sponge tell me and ill soak it up cheers

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

I was the one who release "snapable" (invisible) road sections.

Its possible to edit an MLOD model to add snap points, that is then ONLY used in P drive for MAKING maps.

The real/original BIS models in everyones ArmA directory remain unchanged.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Gnat plesse can you pm me about this as even though my walls look snapped in bull when i go in game i still see bits that are not right and I could use this type of thing for future and present maps cheers mate