Sign in to follow this  
roy86

DAC 3.0 DAC_fNewZone not creating AI

Hey Guys,

I'm loving DAC, very dynamic and helps alot for mission building. Just having a bit of an issue with DAC_fnewzone

I'm trying to create new zones with DAC mid mission however when the zones appear (on map) it seems to successfully initilise however does not populate with any troops. They remain completly empty even if i set troops/vehicles + camps in the parameters. Other zones have already initilised successfully on startup by this point.

I ran the demo mission where you select a point on the map, and on click, a zone is created yet i see the same issue with no troops being created.

The command has the parameters to set the AI but is it supposed to spawn troops? and if it doesn't how should i add them in?

To work around this i set initial zones to disable and then trigger them but it doesn't allow any flexible, dynamic zones for random missions.

any help is much appreciated.

waituntil{DAC_NewZone == 0};
_values = ["z1",[1,0,0],[5,2,50,8],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]];
[(position player),250,250,0,0,_values] call DAC_fNewZone

cheers,

Roy

I feel your pain Roy, I've had plenty of trouble with this too. I can suggest a few things but it may not help:

1 - Turn on markers, so you can see that the zone, waypoints and units are being spawned

2 - Try

nul = [(position player),250,250,0,0,_values] spawn DAC_fNewZone

I know it's not strictly kosher but it seems to work for me.

3 - Make sure that the spawned zone is unique

_values = ["z1",[1,0,0],[5,2,50,8],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]];

ie no other zones are 1

Hope this helps

Thanks tpw for the suggesttions and all your help. as it turns out i was doing eveything right except one thing.

Version i was using was 3.0_b.... i should have had v3.0_c. once i realised and updated, the command works perfectly.

Prompts to silola and all who helped him. this is a really great enhancment to Arma.

Thanks tpw for the suggesttions and all your help. as it turns out i was doing eveything right except one thing.

Version i was using was 3.0_b.... i should have had v3.0_c. once i realised and updated, the command works perfectly.

Prompts to silola and all who helped him. this is a really great enhancment to Arma.

Hmm, if only my DAC problems were so simply sorted :) Nothing a brain transplant wouldn't fix!