Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

What does this mean?

I looked at the sticker that is on the side of my computer, and it said "32 MB Nvidia GeForce2 MX with TV-OUT

What the hell is that??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ May 14 2002,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I looked at the sticker that is on the side of my computer, and it said "32 MB Nvidia GeForce2 MX with TV-OUT

What the hell is that??<span id='postcolor'>

100300-01.jpg

It means that your graphics card will support a tv as a moniter. If you look on the back of your computer there should be an outlet that will accept certain types of coaxial cable plugs. You usually have to buy a special cable for it because it isn't like a normal coxial plug-in.

Are those TVs?

Why are they throwing them in the water?

You mean I can watch TV on my computer??

How would I do that?

This could be very useful to me considering that I don't have a tv!

I havn't seen the Simpsons in AGES!!

No, you Peter Pan...

It means that you can watch your computer screen on a TV. I have an old TV, but it's bigger screen than my lousy 15".

So i have a special cable to my video recorder, where i can plug in my videocard and soundcard, and than it is pullged into the TV. Now i can watch my games on TV, and tape it on tape. When you want to watch TV on your monitor, you need a TV-card, where tv-cable can be plugged into.

That's exactly what I said Georgi. I didn't say he could watch TV with it. How come you don't have a TV Icefire? TV's are cheap. We get our cable for free because they can't figure out (actually they are really just too lazy) where our junction box is.

Once I buy one, I wouln't be able to figure out how to put it together. I don't get electronics.

"You mean I can watch TV on my computer??

How would I do that?"

RTFM!

You know, with your graphix card, or computer, there probably came this thing called a M A N U A L. It contains words, the words form text, the text tells you how to operate your machine. You can read, can't you?

To be honest, i never got it working. I read thousands of forums where they told how to. I bought all the expensive cables, but no result. I think my TV is too old. Oh well, i just go buy a 19" soon. TV, puh

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ May 14 2002,13:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know, with your graphix card, or computer, there probably came this thing called a M A N U A L. It contains words, the words form text, the text tells you how to operate your machine. You can read, can't you?<span id='postcolor'>

The manual is very unclear on this subject. You only see a schematic that it can be plugged into the TV, but it doesn't describe how. Not in the manual that came with my GF2, and not in the manual that came with my GF4.

I'm sorry, but I don't speak COMPUTER LANGUAGE.

I don't know what " DLL.Blah blah blah error" or "hook up the ultra byte to the techno board to the RAM green electronic thingie" means.

Hmmmm....My computer doesn't have a manual. Probably because I put it together myself. Then again, I wouldn't need one if I knew enough to do that would I?

I am surprised that you know lots about computers.

You are Special Forces guy!!

Shouln't you know more about camoflauge and sneaking around?

I also build my own computers. Yes, better build one yourself than buying a complete one. I only want the best parts for my cpu. But when you buy a videocard, it has a manual with it. Like all computer parts. Nice thick manual (which i have never read) comes with the mainboard. Maybe something to read for WKKGimbal as he is looking for some good books wink.gif

Yes yes, build own computer is nice, but costs twice as much!

In fact it is cheaper. When you buy a complete computer, it is expensive with crap parts in it. I buy the best parts, for a reasobable price, as i don't have to pay taxes over it (19% here in holland). Well, most of the time. And even when i do, it is cheaper.

It is very complicated thing to do.

When i bougth my first PC complete, i took every part out of it. Than i started from scratch rebuilding it, with a drawing i made where everyhing goes. Once you done it, it is as easy as taking a crap...