Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Binarize question

Because I need to make config tweeking regarding clutter in my project island it seems that every time I must use the BinPbo tool in order to have binarized my island.

As BinPbo takes long time to binarize (in my case about 15-20 minutes) is there any other way to be able examine my island in game without the use of BinPbo ?

So far I've been tried ElitNess without success as my map not shown in ArmA 2 : CO.

Thanks in advance.

As far as i know... no way... maybe try to pbo it without binarizing but that may lead to long loadingtimes ingame...

As far as i know... no way... maybe try to pbo it without binarizing but that may lead to long loadingtimes ingame...

By that way my island does not even shown in arma2 editor list ... btw ... is there any particular reason this happens ?

If something can be done even waiting long loading time ... it will be fine instead waiting 20 minutes every time for binarizing.

Edited by Aplion

You could use a RAM drive for the temp location to speed up the file copying process.

With an unbinarized island it could be a LONG loading time, Aplion... like - longer than you'd wait for BinPBO anyway... Depends on the size of island I guess, but I've seen unbinarized Arma1 islands take 15 minutes or so to load running under CAA1...

Technically... if you're ONLY tweaking something like - say - clutter proportions or something - you could just...

Un-pbo the final island .pbo - (Cpbo, eliteness, etc)

De-Rapify the main config.bin to config.cpp (Mikeros Derapify, possibly Eliteness, etc)...

Your CfgClutter.hpp is "included" in your main config.cpp by binarize, which then makes it a config.bin... you could just edit this directly at this stage - change those clutter values manually, then simply REpbo the whole thing again for testing in-game again... this is probably the quickest way to test out small clutter changes, etc... you can leave the config as an unbinarized .cpp while doing all of this - the game won't care... the thing you have to remember to do is, once you're happy with that clutter mix - copy all those values and changes from that config.cpp to your main CfgClutter.hpp...

Did all of that make sense???

Anyway.... slightly more important is the fact that the island isn't showing up in the list in-game... thats not good... it's also usually just down to PATHS - either in your main config.cpp, or in BinPbo itself..... triplecheck all of these!!

B

One can split the config, wrp and rvmat to separate pbos.

PatchPbo from mikero is another option.

I'm using Eliteness using unrapify option when depbo my island ... I'm making my changes in config and after that using the same tool, with always Rapify option enabled, I'm making again a pbo of my map ... result ... there is nothing of my island in game ... I mean that arma2 editor didn't show my island in the list.

But when I'm using BinPbo tool my island appears in the editor without any problem.

I've been checked the paths and I didn't found anything wrong ...

Edited by Aplion

If you un-tick "clear temp folder", BinPBO can do the job faster ...... but its not always wise because sometimes old files accidently get rolled into new revisions of your addon.

I always use BinPBO because its the ONLY sure way to know that the binarization process has been done properly and all the special stuff BIS implemented gets rolled in too.

Rapifing is NOT the same as binarization.